• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] How can I change phone number on CM10?

midnightclub

Jun 5, 2011
The same the day bought my SII for metro I installed CM10 on it. Little did I know the guy at the store set my phone # wrong and everytime I call "voicemail" and other apps recognize another phone number, but when I call people it shows the right number. So the problem is that it is displaying the wrong number. All I want to know is if someone can help change it without having to go back to stock, since the service codes from stock don't work (I called metro, the codes they gave me did nothing. Was a very awkward situation since the woman seemed to not even know what android was.)

TLDR: I need the service codes on CM10 to change my Phone Number.

As far as I know the service codes don't work with an AOSP ROM like CM 10.

So, there is no way I can change it?

you cant, all the carrier based dialer codes are disabled.

if its only your voicemail you might wish to try changing the voicemail settings in teh dialer

I got the voicemail changed, but other apps still read the wrong number (Go SMS Pro) which is kind of annoying. There is no other way? Like through the terminal or another code for CM10?

Upvote 0
So, there is no way I can change it?

I got the voicemail changed, but other apps still read the wrong number (Go SMS Pro) which is kind of annoying. There is no other way? Like through the terminal or another code for CM10?

Just go back to stock make a backup first so you won't lose your data and then go back to stock reprogram phone with the correct information and then restore your backup and its all good I go back to stock whenever I feel like it its not a big deal

Upvote 0
I'm not really understanding here. When you call people the right number shows, but apps like gosms don't? What about your stock messaging? If you're abled to make calls and your number shows up right in there caller id then it sounds to me like the problem is with either the apps you're using or it's settings.

Upvote 0
I'm not really understanding here. When you call people the right number shows, but apps like gosms don't? What about your stock messaging? If you're abled to make calls and your number shows up right in there caller id then it sounds to me like the problem is with either the apps you're using or it's settings.

I work for metropcs it happen when the phone was first program it was program with wrong mdn (phone number) most of the times its wrong by only one digit the reason your still able to make and recieve calls is that min is correct but most of the other features you will have problems with or their not going to work at all phone needs to be reprogram with correct mdn

Reactions: kb0sdq
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones