• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Internal Space???

kungfu411

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2011
My Phone internal memory is pretty much done already ..i just got a new 64 SD card..is there a way yet to switch the external as the internal ? on the esteem it had the option to move to SD but it's no longer supported i see this sux just install some games those things are like 2gigz especially there $99 on the market :D

My Phone internal memory is pretty much done already ..i just got a new 64 SD card..is there a way yet to switch the external as the internal ? on the esteem it had the option to move to SD but it's no longer supported i see this sux just install some games those things are like 2gigz especially there $99 on the market :D
i would take my time going through internal folders and seeing what i need which i did a few days ago :D i bought the sandisk 64gb ultra micro sd card. so i kinda went through all my stuff and deleted what i didnt need.

Reactions: kungfu411
Upvote 0
Another App you might want to consider is Link2SD from the Market.

It is also free and can force move some apps, freeing up valuable space.
Also supports Freezing apps and defrosting, converting to a user app or system app, as well as integrating updates into your ROM.

Do be careful what you move though, best to stay away from system apps.

Reactions: jtw1216
Upvote 0
Another App you might want to consider is Link2SD from the Market.

It is also free and can force move some apps, freeing up valuable space.
Also supports Freezing apps and defrosting, converting to a user app or system app, as well as integrating updates into your ROM.

Do be careful what you move though, best to stay away from system apps.

Link2sd did not work..it thinks you're external SD is some type of fake removable drive or something and it show's you're internal SD not external won't let you do it at least with the S3 but GL to SD works just fine ;)

Upvote 0
Well, I'm gonna have to wipe my phone & start over. The gl2sd did something, don't know what. But now I can't even dl a lil 8mb game. Playstore tells me there's no more space left. & the only apps I tried to move were games

Really ? sorry to hear that ..i've been purchasing installing and moving games with it since yesterday and no issues at all..:thinking: do you have a recent back up to go too instead of doing a wipe ?

Upvote 0
Really ? sorry to hear that ..i've been purchasing installing and moving games with it since yesterday and no issues at all..:thinking: do you have a recent back up to go too instead of doing a wipe ?
Yes, I have a backup of the basic BB rom. So I'll wipe it all & put that back in & build back from there.
Before I do that though, where are the game apps stored? Couldn't I use file exporer to move them to the SD card?

Upvote 0
Yes, I have a backup of the basic BB rom. So I'll wipe it all & put that back in & build back from there.
Before I do that though, where are the game apps stored? Couldn't I use file exporer to move them to the SD card?

Should be on Android,Data they in there and also obb file ..the best way to back them up is by using Titanium back up it'll even back up you're last save spot..too

Reactions: jtw1216
Upvote 0
I'm sorry if Link2SD didn't work for you, I really like the program.
Perhaps you might try Directory Bind?
I use it to allow my programs to save directly to the SD card.
There is a thread for moving programs and games to the SD card specifically for the S3 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1889550

Hope this can help.
i think this should be linked to OP, whether it works or not its a good starting point, someone will make it work ;) lol

Reactions: Pappy62
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones