1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Is there something wrong with my sg3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pantalones, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Pantalones

Pantalones Newbie

I have to restart the phone several times a day cause it it seems to get stuck. The blue load line always stops at the left hand corner and won't work until I press restart.
    I'm not too tech savvy and this is only my second smartphone after my esteem(third overall)
    I have a weak signal most of the time, but I don't think it explains this issue, or does it?
    Any help would be much apreciated. The esteem forum was always very helpful. Hope this forum is just as good. I'm in California btw, if that helps.

Thanks

2. Krew

Krew Newbie

What is this blue load line you speak of?

The only way you can tell if it's a software problem is by resetting your phone. I know it's annoying doing that, but sometimes doing that eliminates a lot of problems people have.

Pantalones likes this.
  3. haxmethod

haxmethod Well-Known Member

I'm assuming he's talking about the status bar in the browser

4. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

Weak signal to no signal will cause your phone to constantly look for signal and use alot of your battery, plus you will have slow internet even web pages not loading.

Pantalones and airtioteclint like this.
  5. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert

Are you stock? Rooted? Customed? If rooted with a custom rom you might try booting into recovery and clearing the cache and dalvik, see if that helps.

If stock the good ol factory reset. But first uninstall any recent app that you think might be trouble making.

nuttmeg likes this.
  6. haxmethod

haxmethod Well-Known Member

If you have a custom rom, do you have a backup. If so you might want to restore that.

7. hippiegang

hippiegang Well-Known Member

Ive noticed this aswell I think it is somthing in the stock rom. It dosent happen on cm10. But my phone will only upload data it wont download. Until I reboot.

8. Pantalones

Pantalones Newbie

I'm stock, I did nothing to alter the phone in any way. I don't know anything about cache and dalvik. Like I mentioned earlier, I m not too tech savvy. I am talking about the status bar.
    I have a bunch of apps. How would I know which might be causing this. And guys, please explain it as if I was five years old. A lot of this stuff goes over my head. I'm not dumb or anything. Just old and trying to figure out my new christmas gift.
    Thanks guys.

9. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert

Did you ever figure this out? If you don't keep track of the apps you've installed (you should do that from now on) then you should probably do a factory reset. Back up your contacts first if you haven't already. To do thay go into system settings, accounts and syncs, tap on your gmail, tap sync. Then go back to system settings, backup and reset and tap factory reset. It will return your phone to the way it was oit of the box.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews