• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Jelly Bean Update Link

Will this work on metro?

Sent from my SCH-R530M
Well i just tried this tool that Samsung told me to download and update my phone but damn thing didn't work so i chatted with them some more and now they tell me there's no update sorry folks ! Sure wish Samsung would get there shit together!!!! sorry for getting your hopes up.

Upvote 0
this is so disappointing. Tried contacting both samsung and metro and its always the same company crap. The us cellular phone is almost identical to ours,I just don't understand what the problem is. Watching every carrier in the world and the US get the update and not metro is frustrating

i think you answered your question :p

Reactions: Avera6
Upvote 0
this is so disappointing. Tried contacting both samsung and metro and its always the same company crap. The us cellular phone is almost identical to ours,I just don't understand what the problem is. Watching every carrier in the world and the US get the update and not metro is frustrating

This isn't new, sadly. I'm just happy they got the phone. Screw the updates. I trust the community more for solid updates and better troubleshooting. I get what you're saying though. If metro wants a bigger market share, they definitely have to improve in things like this.

Upvote 0
I never really have expected any manufacturer to give us updates fast. The only phone and tablet I ever had that had great updates were the Nexus One and the Motorola XOOM. Any other phone I've had has sucked at bringing us updates.

The only reason I guess the Nexus One and the XOOM got updates first was because they were flagship phones and tablets and because they ran on vanilla Android. That's the only thing that stops us from receiving updates quickly. We have to wait for TouchWiz to get ported as well.

On a side note I too had the Indulge, what a horrible experience that was. No updates. Not even from the community. All we got was a very good kernel and that's about it. Only the R915 variant got updates...

We pretty much got abandoned. I used to have T-Mobile and well I would go back, but Metro is cheap and is all I can get for now. Although the phones themselves are pretty expensive since they're unlocked. $570 for the S3. Reminds when when I bought the Nexus One on T-Mobile years ago for the same price.

Upvote 0
You guys lucky the auto update does a check before installing. You guys should never ever flash/install anything if its not specifically for metro pcs samsung galaxy s3 sch-530m it has to say metro pcs before anything!!!!! we have had people try to install stuff made for the international version and end up messing up their phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones