1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Jelly Bean Update Link

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danielunde, Dec 21, 2012.

1. danielunde

danielunde Android Enthusiast

This is the link that Samsung customer service gave me and as i'm typing i'm downloading the update for my Galaxy S III MetroPCS. SAMSUNG

Enjoy :) :):smokingsomb:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Will this work on metro?

Sent from my SCH-R530M

3. tiede

tiede Android Expert

From the download page :
    This software upgrade is only valid for the U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S

4. it just says secure check failed...

5. danielunde

Well i just tried this tool that Samsung told me to download and update my phone but damn thing didn't work so i chatted with them some more and now they tell me there's no update sorry folks ! Sure wish Samsung would get there shit together!!!! sorry for getting your hopes up.

6. danielunde

Yeah that's what i got as well sorry guys! :(

7. VivaLePaco

VivaLePaco Newbie

Well hopefully they hurry and release the metro version :D

8. Gam3r 4 Life

Gam3r 4 Life Well-Known Member

To be honest I wouldnt expect it soon. I think as far as update priorities go we are low if not at the bottom of the list. In no hurry, my S3 rocks as is now.

9. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

You might be surprised a lot if us are putting pressure on metros Facebook page things get done when people start requesting things in their Facebook so let's see

10. dulal18

dulal18 Android Enthusiast

Well there goes my hope of having jellybean and trying a port. Cant even install the update and dont want to force if its possible maybe will ruin the phone. Thanks for the link you saved me the time of finding at lol.

11. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Patience my friend patience :p

nuttmeg and confed like this.
  12. Avera6

Avera6 Well-Known Member

this is so disappointing. Tried contacting both samsung and metro and its always the same company crap. The us cellular phone is almost identical to ours,I just don't understand what the problem is. Watching every carrier in the world and the US get the update and not metro is frustrating

13. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

i think you answered your question :p

Avera6 likes this.
  14. confed

confed Android Expert

This isn't new, sadly. I'm just happy they got the phone. Screw the updates. I trust the community more for solid updates and better troubleshooting. I get what you're saying though. If metro wants a bigger market share, they definitely have to improve in things like this.

15. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Metro will listen this time :D

16. Shabbypenguin

yea! they led the way on LTE with the indulge, they are sure to do it again! :D:D:p

mike28 likes this.
  17. Avera6

Avera6 Well-Known Member

I hope your right but my optimism is dwindling

18. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Yes plus Samsung has made the s3 a well known success also metro is feeling the heat on their Facebook page people are asking for the update and they are aware this will be like the ascend update that was made available through the metro website

19. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Make sure you express your opinion on their Facebook page also ;)
    My boy says sometime in January

airtioteclint likes this.
  20. Shabbypenguin

i guess my sarcasm wasnt detected well :p

the cricket indulge got an upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.3, while the metropcs version was forever locked on 2.2

zimlokks likes this.
  21. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Yeah but people never push the envelope on the indulge the ascend crowd was about to start riots lol I say we will get it next month

22. Avera6

Avera6 Well-Known Member

I have been regularly,it's almost an obsession

23. Krew

Krew Newbie

I never really have expected any manufacturer to give us updates fast. The only phone and tablet I ever had that had great updates were the Nexus One and the Motorola XOOM. Any other phone I've had has sucked at bringing us updates.

The only reason I guess the Nexus One and the XOOM got updates first was because they were flagship phones and tablets and because they ran on vanilla Android. That's the only thing that stops us from receiving updates quickly. We have to wait for TouchWiz to get ported as well.

On a side note I too had the Indulge, what a horrible experience that was. No updates. Not even from the community. All we got was a very good kernel and that's about it. Only the R915 variant got updates...

We pretty much got abandoned. I used to have T-Mobile and well I would go back, but Metro is cheap and is all I can get for now. Although the phones themselves are pretty expensive since they're unlocked. $570 for the S3. Reminds when when I bought the Nexus One on T-Mobile years ago for the same price.

24. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

You guys lucky the auto update does a check before installing. You guys should never ever flash/install anything if its not specifically for metro pcs samsung galaxy s3 sch-530m it has to say metro pcs before anything!!!!! we have had people try to install stuff made for the international version and end up messing up their phones.

25. topgator74

topgator74 Lurker

Me too.I've been letting them have it on the metro facebook page.They asked me for my account info to review my account today.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews