1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Jellybam Rom 10.2.0(4.3)d2mtr

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thatguy96, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

correct :)

you wont be able to read it until you decompile the apk, just extracting it like a zip will have it all still encoded.

Advertisement

2. ChaoticJ

ChaoticJ Well-Known Member

So I guess I'm not the only one with MMS problems? What can be done to fix it tho?

3. 1iwilly

1iwilly Android Enthusiast

here is what a apn looks like=
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- use empty string to specify no proxy or port -->
    <!-- This version must agree with that in apps/common/res/apns.xml -->
    <apns version="7">
    <apn carrier="MetroPCS DEFAULT"
    mcc="311"
    mnc="660"
    apn="internet.metropcs"
    user=""
    password=""
    type="default,hipri,admin,mms"
    authtype="0"
    mmsc="http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc"
    protocol="IP"
    roaming_protocol="IP"
    bearer="14"
    inactivity_timer="7080"
    />
    <apn carrier="MetroPCS IMS"
    mcc="311"
    mnc="660"
    apn="ims.metropcs"
    user=""
    password=""
    type="ims"
    authtype="0"
    mmsc="http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc"
    protocol="IP"
    roaming_protocol="IP"
    bearer="14"
    inactivity_timer="7080"
    />
    </apns>
    been it is a aosp rom why not flash metro fix to see if it fixes the problem
    some roms have the apns in system/etc folder then also in framework-res.apk/res/xml

4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

interesting, it should have more than just that in the apn's

thatguy96 likes this.
  5. ed2356

ed2356 Well-Known Member

So that means its fixable

6. flakito97

flakito97 Android Expert

OK yes its there... :/

Attached Files:

7. 1iwilly

i'm downloading the rom now give me sometime to fix it. then i'll either post the fix or the whole rom with working mms.have to go mattress shopping with the wife so give me some time.

Rooqy and flakito97 like this.
  8. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

Ok. A few problems on my end also. Rom is running really quick, but. I'm having same problems with mms. Do you think it would have anything to do with having to reboot after coming off of wifi?
    Also, I go into a bootloop when changing a font from rom toolbox pro

9. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

10. ChaoticJ

I tried out that mms fix...I don't know what I did wrong but I got myself in a bootloop and lost my 4g after I restored to one of my backups. I ended up having to go back to stock. I tend to mess things up so maybe someone else has a better chance of it working lol. Going to try again though ;)

thatguy96 likes this.
  11. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

Trying again won't hurt lol...have to follow instructions precisely...I can't say anything about it because I'm on 4.2.2...I'd rather have a stable ROM honestly...

12. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

CM's latest nightly is working great & very stable. My only problem with it is not being able to change fonts

13. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

Did you ever get a chance to check out this ROM?? Any updates on it?

14. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

I just checked their website out and in the forums, USC v10.1.0 was having the same problem we are having not being able to connect to data when getting off WiFi. I also made a thread about our problem there hopefully someone will help...

thatguy96 likes this.
  15. flakito97

flakito97 Android Expert

Has anyone tried installing 4.3 gapps separately? Try Slim Gapps .

16. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

So I got a reply from X_or_G: "Hey, im not sure what the trouble could be atm, however i will research a little. As for you, it could be rom bug, so please submit the bug in the bug report section filling the bug report template, you could probably get quicker help there adressing this issue.

Thanks pal. "

I'm not on jellybam at the moment I was wondering if anyone that is on jellybam can do the bug report? (Also because I've never done one before or know what to do Lol) if not then I'll try to do it when I get some time later tonight or something.

17. AP2FTW

AP2FTW Android Enthusiast

18. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

Hey guys I figured out how to solve the problem!!! I just installed jellybam 10.2 and it still had the same problem of not connecting to data after you disconnect from WiFi but what you need to do to fix it is get the APN settings from another ROM that works fine (I used cm 10.2) and add those settings to the APN settings on jellybam and it should work perfectly! 4g and MMS is working and everything!!!

For those that don't know you can find APN settings by going to settings under wireless and networks go to more then mobile networks then Access Point Names

19. 1iwilly

sorry it took so long but i got it working 4.3 not easy anyway put this zip on your
    sd card or internal then boot into recovery flash the zip then reboot it will act weird on boot up once boot go to settings under wireless and networks go to more then mobile networks then Access Point Names then in apns put a check on the one that says metropcs default. then send yourself a mms. to test it out

Attached Files:

20. darryim

darryim Android Enthusiast

21. william1964

william1964 Well-Known Member

MMS working with the metropcs fix 1iwilly provided. I'm still having the WiFi/4g having not being able to connect to data when getting off WiFi.

22. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

I didn't use the metropcs fix by 1willy I just did it manually and it works great..

23. ChaoticJ

How do you do it manually? Lol do I have to type it in or do I have to push it in the system?

24. Rooqy

Rooqy Member

Look at my previous post. #68

25. 1iwilly

the fix is quicker to me to much typing in the manual mode just my 2cents

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews