• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Metro APN for ASOP roms

lucknell

Jun 9, 2011
Does anyone have a zip of the metro APN settings for the newer d2lte ROMs? I can't get data pass cm 11 milestone 10. Also I can not select nv in settings in any of the newer versions any help will be appreciated thank you!
Its aosp not sure why I typed it the wrong way can't edit the title

Hey guys the problem isn't the APN settings (although the fact that we're unable to create our own APN settings and save them since the M8 release is another issue.) Some of the other S3 carriers have required a modem update for them to continue functioning on the newer CM11 nightlies and now the snapshots. The newest freely available modem on shaddyp's page is the NA1 and that one doesn't work. Unless metro has released a newer modem firmware in a kitkat build then we're SOL.

Check your devices about page and see if your baseband version is unknown. You'll also notice that a lot of the other carrier important information is unknown or just not there.

i'm new here but ill try to get into contact with shabby...

Reactions: lucknell
Upvote 0
Flashing a custom kernel like d2lte lean kernel help and fixes the problem...it fixed it on mys3 now i can flash any rom or cm with no problems..except that i cant get mms to work other then that no problems at all..

I'll test this out later tonight it makes sense that the kernel can fix this but I didnt see anything modem related in the source code (then again I could be looking in the wrong area) but is there a certain version you are using just incase the latest one doesnt work for me?

It worked! data has been restored to the latest slim nightly thank you djgyo12

Upvote 0
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f1ed4badfee3fc02&id=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02!198

there a link to the kernel Im using 9.15 but 9.16 should work too and the way I do it is I flash the

rom > gapps > kernel

You can flash the gapps and kernel in any order but the rom has to be first and you flash it like normal using CWM or TWRP good luck

dont forget to press thanks and also thank djgyo12 for informing us!

Upvote 0
I installed multiple roms, some show metro apns, some are blank under apn, and some dont even have an apn screen. I did the order you said, but nothing is working for me. The best I can get is "Roaming Indicator off" and its orange

The one I have installed now is the latest nightly of pacman. No apns show up, nor do any save. I get "Roaming Indicator off" in orange

Ive reverted to an old rom where data works, when I installed the kernel there it loses data

Any idea whats going wrong?

Upvote 0
PACMan and PA Ive had trouble getting to work properly because they (at least at the time I tried) didnt have the option to choose the NV card option in settings mobile data CDMA subscription check to see if you have anything there (This could be your problem changing the subscription.) Some roms have it hidden in an on and off switch but tapping the text lets you get to what you need the current rom I have has a mobile network setting that I have to tap the text to change the subscription.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones