• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Mobile Data

imamabella

Dec 31, 2010
Wanted to see if anyone is having problems with their mobile data turning off lately. Ive noticed a couple of times but didnt think of anything. When ever Im playing a game or txting it says need to turn on mobile data to send. Is there a way to make sure it does not turn off?

Reactions: divagirl
ok update they said they were having 4g outing for a while still working on but then
they told to do **772 then edit re-enter my MDN AND MSID hit ok then done reboot phone my 4g is back working hope this help
hey do you remember the whole code they had you enter? I ran through those steps too but the guy never told me to actually re-enter them, only had me check to see lol, I still only have 1x and its been a long time now..

ok 1 last edit lol this time I did find it :D

- enable hidden menu.
then press back.
go to edit, re-enter numbers,
select "done" and phone should reboot

DO THIS WITH EXTREME CAUTION

Upvote 0
Guys I've actually experienced this a few too many times lately. My data speeds have been bad and best part of it is..I work FOR MetroPCS lol. Employee line and I still get shitty service. T-Mobiles 4G sucks in Miami. Barely any signal.

When I got a nexus 4 with T-Mobile..thinking "Oh man! This is dope" .. Yeah..got home no signal in my bed lol. I just want to get the HTC one.

Upvote 0
So i was having same problems 4g was out an entire day but its working again and my phone signal has improved alot it use to be at 2bars most the time but now its a solid 4 barley drops below 4. My 4g speed use to be between 7to9mb now its 5to7mb. I cannot access *228 either, probably new protocol for the new merger. also my phone sometimes thinks im in ab new mexico but im from LA,Cali. When i look up my cdma network info in dps my login is 10digit_phone#@abbq.mymetropcs.com i find it very odd when i looked up abbq its metropcs albuquerque,nm server whats up with that?I did change it to normal but phone calls were getting dropped and inputting the abbq back in fixed this idk i can live with my phone thinking im in nm not a huge deal.

Upvote 0
nah I haven't had 4g in weeks and its a new bill cycle, I odind back to stock then rooted again etc.. no luck

called metro and did all the stuff he did and still no 4g :(

Ive had this issue several times with 4g the only way ive been able to fix it when nvrestore does not work is like this

This may wipe some data so make sure you have backups and ur msid written down or youll be talking to india to get it back.

Fix 4gLTE problems when min & msid have been fixed and nothing else works.................
**You must flash to 4.0.4 ICS before attempting**

1st method.
--------------
**Must be on 4.0.4 ICS**
Download better cut. Open and click on activities then scroll down till you see a file called iohiddenmenu select the first file on list. Go to phones desktop and find file ,open it, go to bottom where it says rtn select it and select reset. Update min and mdn using **772. Update roaming list *228

2nd method(no need 4 better cut)
----------------
**Must be on 4.0.4 ICS**
Dial *#22745927 Hiddenmenu turn on
Dial ##RTN# select reset

(Let it boot. Then turn off & go into recovery before the next steps and wipe cache &dalvik cache also fix permisions (not sure this is needed but i do it anyway.)then Dial *228 press 5 update roaming list Dial **772 and update Min & Mdn. !!!!!!!!!! AND MAKE A BACKUP OF NV&EFS AFTER YOU FIX UR ISSUE!!!!!!!!! so you dont have to flash to ICS everytime. I did a dump of entire efs folder and a few other system files also u can use Obackup to make a efs dump good luck.

Since *228 is not working you can flash Prl in cdma ws or dps or by enable hiddenmenu and dial ##data# there is an option in that menu to flash a test prl. Rename 2032.prl to test.prl and put file in root of internal sd prl shouldnt get messed with but just in case.

Reactions: LDrifta
Upvote 0
Well I'm on MD3 and I'm reverting back to MD2 cause apart from radio issues..my phone gets really hot too.

Yeah i dont use md3 for same reason it gave me issues like no other md2 works perfect for me on all roms :) my phone got so hot i couldnt touch it for a while but rember to charge phone to 100% and delete batterystats from root file and let it decharge completely and that should calibrate it and create new batstats file for new rom.

Upvote 0
k I thought I was the only one. I had that battery Boost and it was at 108 too hot and messed up my time date and wouldnt let me get out of screen. Im rooted and have the newest Metropolis 1.3.0 I think. So dont make fun of it didnt get the # right. My service right now hardly get 4g anymore and Im in Ft. Worth area. So if I want to go to the MD2 how do I. N4zty thats for u ...lol

Upvote 0
k I thought I was the only one. I had that battery Boost and it was at 108 too hot and messed up my time date and wouldnt let me get out of screen. Im rooted and have the newest Metropolis 1.3.0 I think. So dont make fun of it didnt get the # right. My service right now hardly get 4g anymore and Im in Ft. Worth area. So if I want to go to the MD2 how do I. N4zty thats for u ...lol

You can thank Shabby for all his hard work heres all the modems.

http://androidforums.com/official-u...oudhs/682410-sgs3-r530m-modem-repository.html

Flash the zip via custom recovery (twrp/cwm) if you made it as far as rooting and getting metropolis on ur phone you should have no issue with this task. Im not sure about ft. Worth im in california my 4g went down an entire day about a week ago im sure they were messing with the towers cuz i noticed my 4g is a tad bit slower im guessing tmobile customers have access to metros lte now but like i said my cdma signal has significantly increased which is extremely wierd. Im just hoping my 55 unlimited lte stays 55 and uncapped i go thru 10 to 20gb a month i use my phone instead of bulky laptop for work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones