1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Need Stock d2mtr ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skoral, Dec 26, 2013.

1. skoral

skoral Lurker

Does anyone have a original d2mtr ROM that I can use to restore a SCH-R530M?

Tried installing CM10 and it stops at the CM loading screen. Like an idiot, I wiped the cache where the backup I made was.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

just an fyi this is the galaxy note 3 forum.....what you want is the metro s3 root forum.....but in order for me to move this thread i need to know which version you have. is it cdma or gsm?

3. skoral

skoral Lurker

sorry about that.

Its the CDMA white color version

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

its all good....i moved you to the metro cdma s3 root forum.

sorry i can't help, but hopefully some folks here can.

5. confed

confed Android Expert

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger

if that dont work for some reason, could you share more info? what recovery re you using and is it still accessable? are you using a pc and or stable wifi connection for your rom dl's?

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

confed likes this.
  8. skoral

skoral Lurker

So I got this R530M as a warranty replacement. I did the 4.1.2 update and enabled the dual app menu. I installed TWRP and backed up the ROM -- which saved to the onboard storage. I forgot to move the backup to the External SD card.

I loaded the CM 10.2 stable zip on the SD and installed with TWRP. It hung at the CM guy with the arrow spinning around it. I went to go back to the stock ROM and realized I just had wiped the cache.

I tried installing a stock ROM from http://www.shabbypenguin.com/?developer=MetroPCS_Samsung_SG3(CDMA-White) but no go. it hangs in Odin.

Not sure what to try next.

9. LDrifta

o ok well the original issue was the latest version of cm does not flash in twrp, you must install cwm for it to flash properly.. you can safely flash cwm onto your device using odin, should be on that guide somewhere.. as for the "stock" rom, if you want root and have recovery access, then flash metropolis which is basically pure stock with root, or numbertwo rom which is same but with theming and little tweaks..

im not sure how far you went in odin.. but if you still have access to twrp than you can safely flash either of the roms mentioned.. i recomend wiping data and manually formating the system partition before you make your official rom choice

skoral and ocnbrze like this.
  10. skoral

skoral Lurker

Well, I just loaded TWRP back on. Downloading Metropolis now. We'll see what happens... :D

11. skoral

skoral Lurker

Does anyone have a copy of metropolis that would be willing to PM a link to me for? ShabbyPenguin's site keeps giving me a "size mismatch" error when downloading. It fails at 20-30% every time.
    GRRRR

12. LDrifta

ill upload it for ya right now ;)but only for this purpose, im taking it down afterwars because its not my work and i dont dont want any misunderstandings.. ill post link soon as its uploaded gimme 10 min

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. ocnbrze

LOL just send a pm;)

14. LDrifta

haha not a bad idea.. :D taing longer than i thought it would

ocnbrze likes this.
  15. LDrifta

any luck skoral?

16. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

i dont get why so many people have issues downloading off of my site :(. I never have a single problem...

17. skoral

skoral Lurker

@shabbypenguin - Just sent U a PM on that issue.

18. LDrifta

I know a lot of times if I have trouble with links. I'll just right click them and open in new tab or new window. Always works for me :)

19. confed

confed Android Expert

I've never had issues with your site

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews