• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Official Jelly Bean Update coming!

im tired

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Metropolis/Rom/Metropolis-Rom-0.0.4.zip

this one is still uploading, needs 30 mins left from when i post this, this has proper apn's and will have working 3g/4g/mms :)
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Metropolis/Rom/Metropolis-Rom-0.0.5.zip

so far current buglist:
notification pulldown says something other than metropcs solution: put some duct tape over your screen to prevent from seeing it.
everything is uscellular branded solution: dont flash this zip as its based off their jb update...
My fav app doesnt work?! solution: im working on it, but for realzies it might be an ics to jb issue or some random cosmic crap.

ill make a proper thread when this is a proper rom, til then suck it up and download it from here ;P

edit: just to clarify this is a stock jellybean touchwiz rom, no gapps needed as its tsock based. no kernels will work with it this is merely me putting out a solidly nice rom that i consider to be a daily driver. when things are fully fixed and rom runs as it should ill add in bells and whistles who cares if you can OC to 1.8ghz if you cant connect to 3g/4g? :p

p.s. sorry ldrifta i know you spent a lot of time on ics stock and now im here stealin your thunder, lemme know if you wanna branch off this and go on your own jb way :)

If any of u lose data message me ill help ya out shabby u are a boss

Upvote 0
im tired

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Metropolis/Rom/Metropolis-Rom-0.0.4.zip

this one is still uploading, needs 30 mins left from when i post this, this has proper apn's and will have working 3g/4g/mms :)
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Metropolis/Rom/Metropolis-Rom-0.0.5.zip

so far current buglist:
notification pulldown says something other than metropcs solution: put some duct tape over your screen to prevent from seeing it.
everything is uscellular branded solution: dont flash this zip as its based off their jb update...
My fav app doesnt work?! solution: im working on it, but for realzies it might be an ics to jb issue or some random cosmic crap.

ill make a proper thread when this is a proper rom, til then suck it up and download it from here ;P

edit: just to clarify this is a stock jellybean touchwiz rom, no gapps needed as its tsock based. no kernels will work with it this is merely me putting out a solidly nice rom that i consider to be a daily driver. when things are fully fixed and rom runs as it should ill add in bells and whistles who cares if you can OC to 1.8ghz if you cant connect to 3g/4g? :p

p.s. sorry ldrifta i know you spent a lot of time on ics stock and now im here stealin your thunder, lemme know if you wanna branch off this and go on your own jb way :)

Haha wow you already beat me to it and here I was flashing uscellular rom working with apn and stuff to give us a JB test before the official release, thanks buddy.

Upvote 0
im tired

so far current buglist:

were we supposed to flash this in recovery? I did so and it failed to install. Tried unzipping to see if it was a backup and got a password prompt.

Edit: nvm turns out I started downloading before it was finished uploading.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: dulal18
Upvote 0
I could not get system zip to install. Did it manually and it worked perfectly, one thing is that its saying theres an update available but will not install. Also in the system.zip folder the apn is in bin and I had to put it into etc.

Sent from my SCH-R530M

With it being based off usc, it will tell you there's an update. Ignore it, not for us anyway. My GPS wouldn't lock last nite with this. Can 1 person confirm that for shabby, I already messaged him bout it. Thank you all

Upvote 0
yea but thats a modded us cellular version now we have an official unofficial firmware from metro pcs themselves that need to be gutted a lil since it has a lots of engineering menus that the official version wont have lol ladiez and gentz we have lift off shabby is doing a flashable zip instead of a tar.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Screenshot_2013-01-04-10-55-08.png
Screenshot_2013-01-04-10-33-37.png

Reactions: edgeez25
Upvote 0
Hey Shabby loving me some jellybean ... even my LTE is working better .. really smooth ... so does that mean its gonna be harder to get multiview working... would be nice but im happy as is.. ur work is awesome

at this time multiview isnt even considered. i wanna get teh rom up and rolling 100% then worry about adding in features and mods. i need someone more skilled than i to grab a paintbrush and start makin some nice themes based off this. version 1.0.1 is uploading and will be up in 30 mins guys you can enjoy some amazingly nice jb then, i would HIGHly suggest wiping data going to it.

Upvote 0
at this time multiview isnt even considered. i wanna get teh rom up and rolling 100% then worry about adding in features and mods. i need someone more skilled than i to grab a paintbrush and start makin some nice themes based off this. version 1.0.1 is uploading and will be up in 30 mins guys you can enjoy some amazingly nice jb then, i would HIGHly suggest wiping data going to it.

I see just curious cause you only had the phone for by my calculations a little more than 24 hours and already your on beast mode...im sure you have few things up ur sleeve lol :cool:... Again Awesome work bro I definitely appreciate it its smooth as butter... and the Note 2 cam that I had sitting on my sd forever works great on it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones