1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] ok so im looking to root ... please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ekkla, Jun 25, 2013.

1. ekkla

ekkla Newbie

hey guys and thanks in advance ...so im looking to root and im browsing the forum and im seeing multiple ways to root and some one direct me to the best/easiest way please thanks :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ekkla

ekkla Newbie

Thanks I'm now rooted ...any suggestions on any roms?

3. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

That's really your preference man... if you want touchwiz ROM then you could flash metropolis (http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=672066) number 2, or jelly bean goodness... For stock vanilla android... You could flash cyanogen mod, illusion, carbon ROM, liquid smooth to name a few... I'd also recommend you to download goomanager and install twrp as your recovery... It's more user friendly... You can also find the majority of the Roms I mentioned in goomanager under the browse compatible Roms menu except for metropolis number two and goodness... at the end it comes down to your choice read up on what each ROM offers and decide :) just don't flag a ROM that's not for our carrier... damn I typed a lot :D...

ekkla likes this.
  4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

if you like tw and want a rom that is made for our device, number 2 rom is where its at. its teh newest MD3 leak, but souped up. my rom is more of a stock experience. there are several ported tw roms i cant comment on how well they work vs how awesome they are as ive never used em (sorry).

then we have our many aosp based roms, im sure one of them is to your liking :)

ekkla, mike28 and thatguy96 like this.
  5. ekkla

ekkla Newbie

Thanks you guys are awesome and I appreciate all of the help with my noobish questions. .. on a side note if I flash a new rom would I have to side load Google apps also I really like kies and grouo play is there a place I can redownload stock apps ?

6. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

f you go with an aosp rom youll need gapps, and youll lose many features from stock

7. ekkla

ekkla Newbie

Last q ... after wiping data n cache n flashing a New rom must I flas h super user again?

8. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

No I never have...

9. ekkla

ekkla Newbie

Thanks... loving metropolis right now .... plan to try many more

thatguy96 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews