1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Please help havings root problems!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Justin92, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Justin92

Justin92 Newbie
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    hey guys good morning.. so here is the deal.. i got a sg3 a few days for metro pcs. im still new at all of this rooting, rom, flashing... but am pretty good about finding things on the computer researching it and executing... i tried all available root methods, and nothing worked... finally found this program samsung galaxy s3 toolkit. that pretty much walked me through everything rooted my phone. When it was all done i had root on my phone. (i know it was rooted bc i had downloaded beats audio and everytime i opened it it would say no root available but after i completed everything i was supposed to do in the toolkit it opened fine and installed, not to mention superuser was installed on there.)

Now to the parts im having trouble with. i was anxious to update to 4.1, 4.2 (the main reason why i rooted it) i dl rom manager and had downloaded clockwork mod recovery. dl a few roms that i was able to. i then booted into recovery mode. flashed a few of the roms. at first everything was going great. till it got to the cynogen splash screen. it literally sat there for 10 mins. i turned the phone off, tried a different rom, factory reset the phone. a second time did the same thing. now keep in mind i downloaded 1 rom twice, and the 3rd one im not sure what it was but it was a 3rd option on my sdcard. Finally when it got to the splash screen, it started up. when it got to my homepage it was awesome. Def jellybean, but very very VERY stock android. There is not even any google apps downloaded. I have nothing. No contacts, everything that is supposed to work seems to be working... ie phone, 4g, browser, but for somereason there is no google apps at all. no play store, no gmail so i can link my phone to my google account.. nothing...

What can i do..?? is there anything i can do so i can go back to my phone before i had these roms. where iwas stilll running samsung s3 just root? dont get me wrong i wanted the update, i just dont have anything. if i could get a new rom that has everything including google apps and what not that would be ideal, but its just the bare minimu... i cant even get any of my contacts because they are all linked up to my gmail account...

sorry for the long post, i just figured the more detailed i was the more someone could help me out.. I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL ADVICE. thanks in advance

Justin

Advertisement

2. firenemesis7

firenemesis7 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 23, 2012
    Male
    Machinist
    Melvindale, Michigan
  3. Justin92

Justin92 Newbie
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    thank you brother going to try now.

4. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    You need to flash different gapps depending on the rom you are flashing. Look for the rom thread on here and in the posts by the thread starter, they will tell you which ones you would need. Read up on the roms here before downloading and flashing. This will give you a better understanding of each rom and enable you to choose the one that best fits you.

Remember, before flashing anything, always make a backup in recovery!

airtioteclint likes this.
  5. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Make sure you have the right gapps. The one firenemesis posted is for jellybean 4.2. It may or ay not work if you installed a jellybean 4.1 rom.

Edit: got to remember to refresh page before replying from now on. Lol

6. Justin92

Justin92 Newbie
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    cool thanks. i got one working thats running greaand smooth. king Kang.... Now anyone know how i can do a screenshot on there? there will be some really cool features that i miss... Things samsung added in there i thought were really cool. but oh well i have 4.1.2 on here stock android that looks clean with all google apps up and running. Again thanks alot guys.

Now if i ever just wanted to go back to my stock samsung touchwiz would i ever be able to do that... i unfort never backed anything up... so i dint know if thats going to have a huge factor in it or not.

7. firenemesis7

firenemesis7 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 23, 2012
    Male
    Machinist
    Melvindale, Michigan
  8. Justin92

Justin92 Newbie
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Again thank you so much. i appreciate it everyone! loving my new phone!!! any idea on how to do a screenshot?

9. averagewonder

averagewonder Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2012
    Male
    Student/C.N.A
    Palm Coast, Fla
    Did you enable the gestures? If so just use the hand swipe motion

10. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    You're all out of free reply coupons. Got to start hitting that thanks button now.

In settings, power menu , tick the screenshot box. You can now take screenshots by holding the power button.

firenemesis7 and mike28 like this.