• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [Q] S Beam On Custom ROMS

really so will tht or sbeam ever be added tho?
wifi direct is already in teh rom.

sbeam cant work in its current form. even then the only rom that is unofficial and thus doenst matter what the person puts in it is chiwen's. since BB is now official i can suggest things to the team but i wont add it in for the sake of adding it in. i dont want to say it will never happen as someoen could go through the apk reverse engineer and remove all teh touchwiz stuff out and write replacements, just dont expect it to happen and if it does then yay!.

Today I got this text: Your MetroPCS 4G LTE phone now features WiFi & video calling, live camera share, IM, group chat & more, all free! Click http://mpcs.me/joyn to download joyn.

Is this metro's version of s-beam?

no sbeam uses NFC to connect WiFi direct and transfer crap. (aosp uses NFC to pair bluetooth which is much slower/range limited) the only devices that can use sbeam is sgs3 and the note 2 devices.

Reactions: airtioteclint
Upvote 0
wifi direct is already in teh rom.

sbeam cant work in its current form. even then the only rom that is unofficial and thus doenst matter what the person puts in it is chiwen's. since BB is now official i can suggest things to the team but i wont add it in for the sake of adding it in. i dont want to say it will never happen as someoen could go through the apk reverse engineer and remove all teh touchwiz stuff out and write replacements, just dont expect it to happen and if it does then yay!.

no sbeam uses NFC to connect WiFi direct and transfer crap. (aosp uses NFC to pair bluetooth which is much slower/range limited) the only devices that can use sbeam is sgs3 and the note 2 devices.
ok so with wifi direct can i send photos videos or media related files? and is the wifi direct on cm10?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones