• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][4.2.2] Illusion v2.1 - 7|16|13

You have to change the location in the tb app settings or if they both match up reboot your phone and try again

I've move the whole tb folder to that location but nothing happened, I just decided to copy what was in the tb folder to the empty tb folder and after resetting my phone everything was there :)

Wtf! Now chomp sms isn't working and my messing app isn't there -_- I can't send text messages. Will reinstalling gapps fix it? I cleared both caches and fixed permissions and nothing. Reinstalling gasps didn't help either. I guess I have to re flash this rom unless these messaging apps are conflicting with something. I remember this happening with tb but I forgot the name of the file that I had to delete.

If you haven't done so already, make sure TWRP is up to date so it recognizes everything too. Makes life easier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, can I update it via goomanager?

Edit: I answered my own question.

Upvote 0
Ok, so after my situation I decided to just format both my sd and internal memory to have a fresh start with this rom.

That's the best thing to do, when coming from a 4.1 to 4.2. Or the other way around too. aosp in my opinion is just better than tw. & if this one doesn't suit you try out liquidsmooth.

Reactions: Marty_Since87
Upvote 0
I've move the whole tb folder to that location but nothing happened, I just decided to copy what was in the tb folder to the empty tb folder and after resetting my phone everything was there :)

Wtf! Now chomp sms isn't working and my messing app isn't there -_- I can't send text messages. Will reinstalling gapps fix it? I cleared both caches and fixed permissions and nothing. Reinstalling gasps didn't help either. I guess I have to re flash this rom unless these messaging apps are conflicting with something. I remember this happening with tb but I forgot the name of the file that I had to delete.

Correct me if I'm wrong, can I update it via goomanager?

Edit: I answered my own question.

About your messaging app there is one thing you can try go to settings and app management and look for messaging app and open it, if it says disabled enabled it then go back to your app draw its gonna appear on your app draw, good to go. Try that and let me know if it helps And good luck.

Upvote 0
About your messaging app there is one thing you can try go to settings and app management and look for messaging app and open it, if it says disabled enabled it then go back to your app draw its gonna appear on your app draw, good to go. Try that and let me know if it helps And good luck.

Thanks, but I don't think you seen my previous post:
Ok, so after my situation I decided to just format both my sd and internal memory to have a fresh start and reinstall this rom.

Upvote 0
Experienced a soft reboot just now and this is how my screen ended up looking
veqyteny.jpg
notice the safe mode in the bottom left.. Also a lot of my downloaded apps are missing. Not all but most. A regular reboot fixed it. Just want to know what's the deal.

Upvote 0
veqyteny.jpg
notice the safe mode in the bottom left.. Also a lot of my downloaded apps are missing. Not all but most. A regular reboot fixed it. Just want to know what's the deal.

That used to happen on my jailbroken ipod...happened when an extension from cydia messed up the device...maybe it's for the same purpose?...

Upvote 0
veqyteny.jpg

Safe mode is there to protect you. Happens exactly how you described. It stops apps from running so you can pinpoint the issue. It's also an option for you to boot into it manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones