• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [rom][aokp/4.1.2] 11.3.2012 [unofficial]

hmm, Google Now and G+ dont seem to want to work.

Any chance of adding ES File Explorer and Dropbox?

Google now works for me. G+ does too. After I first installed the inverted g+ kept saying no connection to the server. Every other time i tried opening it, it asked me to give it account permissions. I think it happened about 5 times. Eventually after giving it permission one last time it now works. If, just keep playing with it. Also delete its data and cache in settings.

I promise if you keep playing with it, it will work,just keep opening it til it does. :D

I didn't make these, justunbean did. I'll send inverted Dropbox your way as well as es if you want.

Upvote 0
I didnt think you could download the inverted G+, Google Now,Dropbox or ES File Explorer from the market.

EDIT, the apps work, they just arent inverted for me.

Hmm not sure than, I'll have to check the zip and make sure I didn't remove them when I was slimming the package down.

They are inverted for me though. Too tired to fight AF over posting images though lol.

Upvote 0
I didnt think you could download the inverted G+, Google Now,Dropbox or ES File Explorer from the market.

EDIT, the apps work, they just arent inverted for me.

Oh your talking bout inverted. My bad.

These guys update their apps quick and do great work. And they're inverted ;) Check it out

http://www.rujelus22.com/evo/downloads.php

Upvote 0
Good news everyone, we are now up on Goo Manager.

What this means for you:
Download and install through the Goo manager app = simplicity.
*OTA updates through Goo Manager.

Download link is here :

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading AOKP-d2mtr-11-03.zip

-or- can be found in Goo Manager under compatible roms.

* Anyone using the AOKP build I posted prior to now (11-06-12) will not have the OTA update functionality from Goo Manager. I was still waiting on them to accept my developer application so I did not add the needed lines to build.prop to allow Goo Manager OTA updates.

**ONLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE ALREADY USING MY BUILD OF AOKP**

There are some easy ways to add the OTA functionality if you are already using my build of AOKP.

1. Download the updated build.prop here : chiwen.shabbypenguin.com/Android/d2mtr/build.prop.pdf
Using Root explorer or a similar app, navigate to /system and delete build.prop.
Back out of /system and navigate to sdcard/download and find build.prop.pdf. Move it to /system and rename it to build.prop (remove the .pdf) Set it's permissions to rw-r--r (You can do this by long pressing the file in your root explorer and tapping permissions. Under read make sure all 3 check boxes are checked, under Write make sure only the owner check box is checked, under Execute no check boxes should be checked)
Reboot and you are done, you can now receive OTA updates from the goo manager app for AOKP.

2. I find this way to do it to be far easier. Navigate to /system with root explorer and open build.prop in an editor. (In ROM Toolbox's root explorer you just tap build.prop and choose RB editor. In Root Explorer you long press build.prop and tap Open in text editor.)
At the very bottom add these lines -
ro.goo.developerid=Chiwen
ro.goo.rom=AOKPd2mtr
ro.goo.version=1

Hit the back button and save when prompted. Reboot. You can now receive OTA updates from the goo manager app for AOKP.

Of course if you want to do it the hard way you can download the ROM again from the op (link has been updated) or Goo Manager and reflash it without wiping anything other than cache and dalvik. It has the updated build.prop.

If you are flashing AOKP for the first time you won't have to do anything. Goo Manager OTA is already built into the ROM.

Upvote 0
Good news everyone, we are now up on Goo Manager.

What this means for you:
Download and install through the Goo manager app = simplicity.
*OTA updates through Goo Manager.

Download link is here :

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading AOKP-d2mtr-11-03.zip

-or- can be found in Goo Manager under compatible roms.

* Anyone using the AOKP build I posted prior to now (11-06-12) will not have the OTA update functionality from Goo Manager. I was still waiting on them to accept my developer application so I did not add the needed lines to build.prop to allow Goo Manager OTA updates.

There are some easy ways to add the OTA functionality if you are already using my build of AOKP.

1. Download the updated build.prop here : chiwen.shabbypenguin.com/Android/d2mtr/build.prop.pdf
Using Root explorer or a similar app, navigate to /system and delete build.prop.
Back out of /system and navigate to sdcard/download and find build.prop.pdf. Move it to /system and rename it to build.prop (remove the .pdf) Set it's permissions to rw-r--r (You can do this by long pressing the file in your root explorer and tapping permissions. Under read make sure all 3 check boxes are checked, under Write make sure only the owner check box is checked, under Execute no check boxes should be checked)
Reboot and you are done, you can now receive OTA updates from the goo manager app for AOKP.

2. I find this way to do it to be far easier. Navigate to /system with root explorer and open build.prop in an editor. (In ROM Toolbox's root explorer you just tap build.prop and choose RB editor. In Root Explorer you long press build.prop and tap Open in text editor.)
At the very bottom add these lines -
ro.goo.developerid=Chiwen
ro.goo.rom=AOKPd2mtr
ro.goo.version=1

Hit the back button and save when prompted. Reboot. You can now receive OTA updates from the goo manager app for AOKP.

Of course if you want to do it the hard way you can download the ROM again from the op (link has been updated) or Goo Manager and reflash it without wiping anything other than cache and dalvik. It has the updated build.prop.

If you are flashing AOKP for the first time you won't have to do anything. Goo Manager OTA is already built into the ROM.
http://androidforums.com/chiwen.shabbypenguin.com/Android/d2mtr/build.prop.pdf

Congrats. :D

Upvote 0
Rom has been updated. MMS has been fixed. Everyone thank N4zty!!

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING!

Download through Goo Manager app, build 11-06.

Direct link : Goo.im Downloads - Downloading AOKP-d2mtr-11-06.zip

DO NOT FLASH THE INVERTED GAPPS THAT WERE POSTED PREVIOUSLY, IT WILL BREAK MMS AGAIN. YOU MUST FLASH THE NEW INVERTED GAPPS PACKAGE. LINK IN OP HAS BEEN UPDATED.

Here is the link to the new inverted :

chiwen.shabbypenguin.com/Android/d2mtr/InvertedGappsV2.zip

Do not wipe system or data when you flash the update. Only wipe cache and dalvik, than flash it, flash inverted gapps, and wipe data/dalvik again. Reboot and rejoice.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've put up a mirror, I understand goo manager is having some issues ;-)

chiwen.shabbypenguin.com/Android/d2mtr/AOKP-d2mtr-11-06.zip

Remember guys, I can't stress enough, do not flash the inverted Gapps you downloaded before today. Re download them from the op, or you will break mms again. The link has been updated and the download should be named InvertedGappsV2.zip

Mms won't be inverted, we don't have an inverted mms.apk that works yet, but hell at least you can send pic msging now lol. All other Google apps are still inverted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones