1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM] NumberTwo v1.5.2 | NA1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LDrifta, Mar 14, 2013.

1. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger

op update!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. speed72584

speed72584 Member

Great work :thumbup:

3. ed2356

ed2356 Well-Known Member

How is the new update working for everyone?

4. LDrifta

hey just uploaded a bunch of screenshots for you guys :D and updated the op a lil better haha

now I get to start the reall fun :D

mike28 likes this.
  5. 1iwilly

1iwilly Android Enthusiast

ok so this is an updated rom as v1.3 from 1.2.???/

6. LDrifta

yeah.. this is based off the new md3 leak, 1.2 never really got released because too many things were uhh faulty.. so this is basically starting over from scratch on new base :D

with that being said.. WIPE WIPE WIPE!!!

mike28 likes this.
  7. 1iwilly

1iwilly Android Enthusiast

cool downloading now will report back soon so far top 2 for me are metropolis-1.03 and goodness 1.0.4

8. LDrifta

well in a way.. this is metropolis 1.3.0

that rom as it stands is basically a stock dump of new MD3 base (and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, I believe his intentions were to help the community get an early start with sme new toys)

so the base of this rom is metropolis 1.3.0, with a whole ton of stuff added to it :D

but still this would be #2 to metropolis LOL

is goodness rom based on metro firmware? or is it another one of those many ported roms? lol

9. ellunit500

ellunit500 Well-Known Member

Working great sor far

ed2356 likes this.
  10. jpizle

jpizle Android Expert

Port

11. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

Let's say I'm on metropolis 1.3.0... when flashing this do I have to wipe data)...

12. LDrifta

THAT sir, is possibly the ONLY situation where that would be correct.. only because my rom is basically a theme to metropolis, but delivered in a full rom package..

BUT.. the only downside to it is.. metropolis has a couple extra apps in the system that I don't have.. so you will literally have a bunch of data being used/sacrificed for apps you don't even have on your rom ;) so when in doubt, wipe it out haha

flakito97 and thatguy96 like this.
  13. LDrifta

OP Updated with a PSA LOL take your time and read it ;) do the right thing haha

mike28 likes this.
  14. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

Meh... I've deleted most bloat ware already so I'll be good to go tomorrow to flash I suppose :)...

15. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Big l nice intro speech in the op good job bud that's why we have the best community around here with the best people around. we like family out here :D I haven't try number 2 since I'm out of the country but when I get back I will I'm sure it's running great and the mods are nice
    Thanks again to our crew shabby, you and others that have made the s3 family rock solid :thumbup::thumbup:

divagirl and speed72584 like this.
  16. GotDat

GotDat Newbie

Any good kernel for this ROM?

17. LDrifta

:thinking: whats wrong with stock? LOL

18. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

lol sometimes i wonder myself. but all i would ever ask to be added to a kernel is the call record patch so we can use the callrecorder app. other than that my phone dont need to be oc or anything like that.

i spoke to arocker and told him me and shabby checked into the tw hidden dialer feature to record calls but either we dont have a proper kernel to allow it or proper lib files or both.... either way would be super cool to figure out.

19. LDrifta

20. ARocker

ARocker Android Expert

Looked at the link you gave me n4zty and it looks like an easy mod...assuming it works :)

I cant do anything with it though...give the link to ld. See what he makes of it.

Edit Never mind. Its the wanam link...he has it already :)

21. LDrifta

yeah ill take a look into it lol

ARocker likes this.
  22. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

shabby did the smali edit to the phonesec apk we tried it the record button did appear on dialer but thats as far as we got. we are missing something else but perhaps if we put our heads together we might be able to figure out a work around.

the first link i tried a few days ago lol did not work and rebooted just as instructed lol

23. LDrifta

well sadly im not to skilled with kernels so im hoping we can avoid that whole process lol, someone mentioned the possibility of a lib file..? could you send me the secphone and ill run a logcat on it see what I can find

it's how I found out the mymetro app thing lol

EDIT: I notice in wanams guide he says it had to be done AFTER the csc checks.. so that brings me to 2 theories..

could be a csc text edit to enable the option
    also it might have to be "added" to a rom already installed and setup, meaning it cant be pre-loaded into a rom prior to flashing..

jus my opinions though

24. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

I found three of the libs needed to work with this but don't know if it will work on our variant or android build. But I'll post it anyhow.

25. GotDat

GotDat Newbie

I get android system draining my battery LOL. I'm not well educated with this stuff yeah . All know is that kernel makes a play? o-o

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews