• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM] NumberTwo v1.5.2 | NA1

i hate when this happens.. its not my rom causing it but it is a problem ive encountered before.. the easiest way i found to 'fix' it, is to install any cm based rom quick, once you get past the setup and on the homescreen, go into the settings and mobile networks options, thenn change your network type to 'lte evdo cdma' or something like that.. keep switcing till your 4g comes back on lol.. then you can wipe data and flash rom etc.. hope this helped..

Yep this works

Upvote 0
First off, love the ROM, its been my daily driver since you posted it. Having a couple of issues though. When I installed the Xposed framework, it got stuck in a boot loop on the Samsung splash screen. Wiped and reinstalled and havent tried Xposed again and havent had any problems other than my second issue. I have a patched version of Asphalt 8 and it force closes on startup. Uninstalled patched version and tried an unmodified version and still a no go. One of my other graphics-intensive games looks washed out also. Any ideas on these? Other than those, ROM works perfectly, definitely love the 4.3 over the tired 4.1.2

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
rom update :D sorry but you will need to wipe data for most new features to work :/

-Updated MOST system apps
-Added a few nexus 5 sounds
-edited build.prop (much bttr now)
-Launcher Grid 4x5
-Launcher speed hack
-Full 360 rotation
-Message share, save and restore features enabled
-MMS Split-view enabled
-Shuter sound option enabled
-Call/Msg Block fature enabld
-Removed software update option from 'About'

Reactions: jpizle and kammino
Upvote 0
Can someone post screen shots

I havent done any theming or UI related MODs/Changes so it still looks kinda stock TW right now, but it is loaded with many fun & usefull features.. but theming wil be done once I have a solid custom base (this way hopefully no one will need to wipe data again for an update :/ )

Reactions: david53
Upvote 0
So I was using Number 2 1.4.4 and obviously updated to 1.5.0 and subsequently 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, so while on 4.1.2 I began having a problem with Google Play Storw saying No Connection when I tried to start it. Nothing fixed it except switching ROMs to Metropolis, Stock, AOSP, AOKP. Basically anything but Number 2. Now this problem has followed me to 4.3. It is starting to get extremely aggravating. It will work when I do a fresh install sometimes, and if it does happen to work, it will randomly give out in me after a few days use. This occurs on both WiFi and mobile data. Anyone have any ideas here as I really like this ROM as my daily driver but obviously no access to the Play Store won't cut it. Help!!!

Upvote 0
try going to settings/applications and clear data for playstore and uninstall any updates for it then try getting on it again ;)

on a side note, this rom requires you to start with a fresh install (data wipe) for all mods to apply

edit: the roms latest update 1.5.2 is what requires a data wipe, regardless if your coming from 1.5.1 or cm or anything, you still need to wipe data to install 1.5.2 for the csc mods to take affect

it'll be the last time I force a data wipe on you guys I promise!! but its required for this one :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones