• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds for d2mtr

Anyone know how to get flashlight working in the notification bar toggles? It works on AOKP and BlackBean so there's no reason why it shouldn'r work on this ROM. Too bad they don't have both nightlies and OTA updates

Aokp will be getting updates regularly. I'm only doing weeklies, not nightlies though. Aokp only pushes like 5 new things up per day, as opposed to 50+ commits for cm. So it makes sense for nightlies with cm, but not with aokp.

I don't think blackbean is going to be updated anytime soon because no one can figure out why it flickers like a strobe light at a rave.

Upvote 0
Aokp will be getting updates regularly. I'm only doing weeklies, not nightlies though. Aokp only pushes like 5 new things up per day, as opposed to 50+ commits for cm. So it makes sense for nightlies with cm, but not with aokp.

I don't think blackbean is going to be updated anytime soon because no one can figure out why it flickers like a strobe light at a rave.

Such a hard decision to choose between the 2 ROMs. I like how convenient CM is when updating but AOKP has tons of more features

Upvote 0

Oh I see so let's say that for example the mms needs fixing we have to wait until next Friday or let's say you fixed before you can release it anytime?

Upvote 0
Oh I see so let's say that for example the mms needs fixing we have to wait until next Friday or let's say you fixed before you can release it anytime?

No, when mms gets fixed I'm going to release the update right away Mike. I meant for regular updates. Like when aokp adds code and features, they don't add much on a day to day basis so I'm gonna wait to compile the new builds until there is good enough reason too. No reason to build every night when they don't push much day to day.

But when it comes to fixing bugs, such as mms or anything else we come across I'm not gonna make you guys wait. I'll update ASAP when the fix is available. Hope that clears up what I meant.

So in summary - aokp will have regular updates / new build every Friday.

But when it's a bug fix, like mms, I will release the new build with the fix right away regardless of the day.

Reactions: tiede and mike28
Upvote 0
No, when mms gets fixed I'm going to release the update right away Mike. I meant for regular updates. Like when aokp adds code and features, they don't add much on a day to day basis so I'm gonna wait to compile the new builds until there is good enough reason too. No reason to build every night when they don't push much day to day.

But when it comes to fixing bugs, such as mms or anything else we come across I'm not gonna make you guys wait. I'll update ASAP when the fix is available. Hope that clears up what I meant.

So in summary - aokp will have regular updates / new build every Friday.

But when it's a bug fix, like mms, I will release the new build with the fix right away regardless of the day.

Cool thanks :thumbup::thumbup:

Upvote 0
I don't know if its the ROM but my Facebook contacts don't sync. Anybody else having this issue ?

they wont, it was taken out in cm7. any app wishing to sync contacts can do it teh way google has setup, facebook refused to conform. they were given special treatment when the OS was a fledgling to gain a new and awesome feature, but google became concerned with how they were sync'd. if facebook disappeared then all those contacts would be lost and not saved to your device.

Upvote 0
WARNING : do not flash build 11886.

PRL, MIN, phone number, gone.
Data working but MMS still doesn't.
Didn't boot for me on dirty flash. Booted on clean flash.
Initial google sign in on boot didn't stick had to sign in again for market and that did stick.
Probably more but i didn't stick around restored stock, prl min and phome number still gone.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
they wont, it was taken out in cm7. any app wishing to sync contacts can do it teh way google has setup, facebook refused to conform. they were given special treatment when the OS was a fledgling to gain a new and awesome feature, but google became concerned with how they were sync'd. if facebook disappeared then all those contacts would be lost and not saved to your device.

so is there a way to sync them?

Upvote 0
so is there a way to sync them?

you can download the program HaxSync from the Playstore (I believe it's $3.99), or you can "create your own" app by using this XDA thread, and using a custom app id. (this method ensures you retain your privacy, as no one else but you can see your info...)
the app you will "modify" is SyncMyPix, and you will find all the info you need by following in this XDA thread → http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1731298

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones