• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds for d2mtr

I JUST put CM on my phone and I have found two problems so far..
Sorry If they've been addressed already, I searched this thread and had no luck.

#1 "Can't connect to camera"
It opened on the first boot.. I took a picture... It froze up and then told me "Gallery is not responding". Every time I open the camera now it says it cant connect. Rebooting simply starts this cycle over again

#2 Multi page texts are not going through. I can send and receive pictures just fine though

Any help with these problems would be much appreciated. I'm paranoid about messing with other roms because usually the bugs are a lot more drastic.

I went to about phone and saw theres an update.. but I'd feel safer getting the "ok" and being told that may fix my issues and not cause further problems. Just playing safe :]

Thanks

Upvote 0
Which cm did you flash? Cm10? CM10.1? Gotta let us know because I think you flashed the wrong gapps. You will need 4.1 gapps for cm10 and 4.2.2 gapps for any recent cm10.1

AHHHHH, I think you found the root of my problem. I flashed what was provided in the download link. 10.1. ("10.1-20130624-NIGHTLY-d2mtr) based on 4.2.2.

This is where I got my gapps.
I downloaded and flashed the first one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2240652

Upvote 0
I have downloaded 6 gapp packages that said they were made for 4.2.2 and would work on cm 10.1.0 and it hasnt fixed the problem. Could anyone point me in the right direction or perhaps link me to the gapps pack that they used and worked? Sorry for the multiple posts, Ive just been at this for hours and my brain is tired. Is there something I could possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help ahead of time

Upvote 0
I have downloaded 6 gapp packages that said they were made for 4.2.2 and would work on cm 10.1.0 and it hasnt fixed the problem. Could anyone point me in the right direction or perhaps link me to the gapps pack that they used and worked? Sorry for the multiple posts, Ive just been at this for hours and my brain is tired. Is there something I could possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help ahead of time

It looks like the gapps is right. Maybe it's the nightly? I've been using liquid smooth so i can't verify but you might want to try the stable release.

CyanogenMod Downloads

Reactions: Moshnaked
Upvote 0
It looks like the gapps is right. Maybe it's the nightly? I've been using liquid smooth so i can't verify but you might want to try the stable release.

CyanogenMod Downloads

Yeah, I actually found it was a common problem with the rom.. I found one fix that worked.. but he had a verizon phone. I spent 30 minutes trying to get by the captcha on XDA before I lost it hahaha So I'll ask you.

Threres a fix here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42940896

(4th reply I think)

Is flashing that a no-no since its verizon? If it is, or you dont know.. Ill just flash the stable

Upvote 0
Yeah, I actually found it was a common problem with the rom.. I found one fix that worked.. but he had a verizon phone. I spent 30 minutes trying to get by the captcha on XDA before I lost it hahaha So I'll ask you.

Threres a fix here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42940896

(4th reply I think)

Is flashing that a no-no since its verizon? If it is, or you dont know.. Ill just flash the stable

Well I'm no developer (Shabbypenquin that's Shabbypenquin) but i took a look inside that zip and it looks modem related. So i definitely would not flash it.

Not sure if the issue was fixed in stable so why not just try liquid smooth, or illusion rom? They're tried, tested and trued by a lot of us.

Upvote 0
Well I'm no developer (Shabbypenquin that's Shabbypenquin) but i took a look inside that zip and it looks modem related. So i definitely would not flash it.

Not sure if the issue was fixed in stable so why not just try liquid smooth, or illusion rom? They're tried, tested and trued by a lot of us.

Hahaha I actually had a message half typed to shabby when you answered. Ive heard a lot about liquid but I honestly get afraid of snatching roms not in the allthingsroot thread. If could link me to a download, that'd be cool.

Thanks for all your help!

Upvote 0
Thanks, I actually looked over the files I was flashing and the gapps that were old. Thanks, I appreciate the quick replies.
hello:) hey just wanna ask how did you fix that error? i just flashed cm 10.1 and same error is happening google gabbs stopped i flashed same version 2.1.2 and i keep getting that error:(. any help will be really apreciated thanks!!

Upvote 0
My brother bought me a samsung hdmi adapter, we tried it with my brothers phones (note 2 and s3, both with a samsung stock rom) but when I connect my s3 (cm10.1 nightly) my phone froze and then shut down, if I turn it on again while connected it will start but the home screen will be sideways, and still nothing on the TV.

I saw that a lot of people had similar problems but I couldnt find an answer, I'm sorry if there's an answer I missed .

If anyone has any idea what to do to fix the problem I'll be very thankful.
P.s I don't want to go back to the Samsung rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones