1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Rooting Using A Mac

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RAWRRAWR, Jul 7, 2013.

1. RAWRRAWR

RAWRRAWR Lurker

I'm on a Metro PCS Galaxy S3 running 4.1.2 and I'm trying to root, but most methods I've tried are outdated or I'm running into a lot of trouble (headaches). I've been reading a lot of threads (including here) and searching the web countlessly, but I'm turning up short. Thus I'm turning to the community, hopefully there's a simpler solution. Does anyone know of a method for rooting using a Mac?

Many thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

heimdall and recovery :)

thatguy96 likes this.
  3. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

RAWRRAWR likes this.
  4. RAWRRAWR

RAWRRAWR Lurker

Any links or recommendations?

P.S. First time ever rooting, so I'm not too familiar with the terms or names being used.

5. RAWRRAWR

RAWRRAWR Lurker

Thanks for the links! I was able to download and get into recovery mode, locate the zip file, but when I attempted to install the file it returns a "signature verification failed...installation aborted". Is there something I may be doing incorrectly?

6. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

You gotta thank shabby to be honest... I'd completely forgotten about heimdall... and hes a complete boss ;)... you are in clockwork mod correct... If so I'm not sure what went wrong... maybe a bad download?... I'm sure someone more experienced can help...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews