• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Samsung galaxy s3 metro pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco97

Lurker
Nov 18, 2014
Let's say I have a guaranty of that phone and I lost it. Then I will go to the store to get a new phone since I have the guaranty would they deactivate the lost phone? And if they would do how to avoid that? Beacuse is not fair what they do cus u are paying full price for the phones so is supposed to be yours.

Do you mean a warranty or insurance? If you file an insurance claim for a lost phone, they will blacklist the old phone, charge you the appropriate fee and send you another phone. Last I checked the insurance company was Assurion. This is the standard policy and if you signed up for it, you agreed to it.

If you are talking about a manufacturer's warranty which is typically one year; that requires that you take the phone to a corporate store or ship it off to Samsung. I am not sure if the corporate store helps with the process.

It honestly sounds like you are trying to "get around" one of these systems which will not be discussed in any way on these forums per policy. You are correct, you bought the phone, paid full price and it is your phone. If you do not want it to be blacklisted/deactivated, do not report it lost or stolen. Simple as that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones