1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Samsung galaxy s3 metro pcs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marco97, Nov 19, 2014.

1. marco97

marco97 Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2014
    Let's say I have a guaranty of that phone and I lost it. Then I will go to the store to get a new phone since I have the guaranty would they deactivate the lost phone? And if they would do how to avoid that? Beacuse is not fair what they do cus u are paying full price for the phones so is supposed to be yours.

Advertisement

2. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    Do you mean a warranty or insurance? If you file an insurance claim for a lost phone, they will blacklist the old phone, charge you the appropriate fee and send you another phone. Last I checked the insurance company was Assurion. This is the standard policy and if you signed up for it, you agreed to it.

If you are talking about a manufacturer's warranty which is typically one year; that requires that you take the phone to a corporate store or ship it off to Samsung. I am not sure if the corporate store helps with the process.

It honestly sounds like you are trying to "get around" one of these systems which will not be discussed in any way on these forums per policy. You are correct, you bought the phone, paid full price and it is your phone. If you do not want it to be blacklisted/deactivated, do not report it lost or stolen. Simple as that.

D-U-R-X and codesplice like this.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Confed pretty much sums things up and...

I've gone ahead and locked this thread... any probs, feel free to PM me :)

codesplice likes this.