1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] "Searching for GPS" constantly in status bar [baked ROM] & question about S voice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by toke_, Dec 29, 2012.

1. toke_

toke_ Android Enthusiast

I'm running Baked ROM and the searching for GPS is always on the status bar . Kinda starting to bother me haha. Anyone know how to get rid of it? Also when I ask for the weather from S voice and the name of the area she says is a name I've never heard before but I think it's accurate. Anyone know what's up with that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

If you have a weather app installed and it's set to gps your location than that's your problem.

3. toke_

toke_ Android Enthusiast

I used to have the weather show up in the lock screen but I turned that off a while ago and it's still there :thinking:

4. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

go into your apps & clear the data on your weather app & start over. this time without pushing the notification button. works every time

5. toke_

toke_ Android Enthusiast

I don't understand what you mean by weather app, I didn't download a weather app I used the one under lock screen settings so idk which app the clear data for

6. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert

Try booting into recovery and wiping cache and dalvik. Reboot and if it's still there then it's a settings or apps somewhere.

mike28 likes this.
  7. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

Aaaahhh I think I understand now. Went back to read the op. Go into your settings and turn off the gps. Or it may be on your status pull down menu

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews