1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS/CDMA] Where is everyone going?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imSHAD, Feb 23, 2014.

1. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast

Yeah I saw that as well... hopefully my area has CDMA shut down soon enough, it'll be a good excuse to upgrade ;)...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mexigga

Mexigga Well-Known Member

CDMA S3 also for me...but can't do the Mega...I'm looking to save $$$ so I'm probably getting a GSM s3, s4 or a Note 2...

3. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Android Enthusiast

Anyone know about south Florida? Forgive me if it has been said already. I hope i can hold onto my cdma s3 till the s6 comes out
    Lol

4. jahunt78

jahunt78 Well-Known Member

Dang just oneplus one is coming in a couple weeks if I can get one that's for me that's where I'll b going 😉

5. inuke

inuke Lurker

I got the LG g2

6. thatguy96

What's your thoughts on it...I heard battery life is insanely good...

7. legmando33

legmando33 Android Enthusiast

Got the note 3 about 4 months ago. Miss the s3 fam though.lol

mike28 likes this.
  8. confed

confed Android Expert

ATT has the Samsung Galaxy S

Mexigga and brown357 like this.
  9. brown357

brown357 Newbie

Damn, that Note 3 was a great deal. Now I'm debating buying the S4 in order to futureproof myself for the CDMA shutdown. Thanks for the info, confed.

10. mdside71

mdside71 Android Enthusiast

Well since i am going to have to get rid of my good old SGS3..Such a shame i truly love it, but i do have a lot of time before i have to shop for a phone, so between now and next March when my area is slotted to have CDMA shut down i have plenty of time to see what comes out.

If i were to go with any phone right now my METRO Choice would be the Optimus L70. If i bought a T-Mobile phone outright and put it on Metro then it would be the L90 or the Nexsus 5.

However i know new phones come out about every 3-5 months, so there will be a slew of other stuff available by then, and the price on what i like right now will drop considerably.

11. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Miss you all rocking the s5 now

12. mdside71

mdside71 Android Enthusiast

Well for those of you interested to find out i did find a link that T-Mobile is instructing Metro to do a generous buy back of CDMA phones for users in area's that are scheduled for Shutdown. Right now that is only Boston, Vegas, and one other Area. However the S3 if you return it to stock is set to give you a 199.00 credit towards billing or a new phone. So hang on to your devices guys.

As far as i have heard only 3 venue's have been slotted for early shut down of CDMA. Florida is still slotted for March of 2015. So if it stays true hang on to your tax refund. Of course by then the Galaxy S7 will be out..lol

13. thatguy96

Would it work if we brought a byod device since I would rather not get the s5...

14. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

[​IMG]

Hopefully CDMA doesnt shut down too soon ;D

kevin2497 and confed like this.
  15. jahunt78

Well when it does shut down that phone gets u quite a boy of credit as long as they don't keep lowering it from 199

16. terrellz

terrellz Member

Finally rocking the T-Mobile Nexus 5, since the CDMA is shutting down very soon here in Las Vegas. Its been great here with the s3 community ☺

17. falke401

falke401 Lurker

I saw that as well.

18. jahunt78

Thinking since 1+1 is taking forever to roll out I'm liking the z1 ultra so I can replace my tablet too

19. THE W

THE W Android Expert

My 1+1 should be at my door come Friday. I'm excited.

confed likes this.
  20. Get@Me

Get@Me Android Enthusiast

I plan on getting the 1+1 too just need an invite let us know how u like it when you get it.

21. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger

What exactly is a 1+1? Haha

22. jahunt78

A new company that has the best things available for phones at the moment and had CM OS stock for $350 for a 64gig version 5.5 screen 3gig ram at the moment the latest CPU only draw back non replaceable battery

23. thatguy96

You forgot to mention how you need a freaking invite to buy it...

24. jahunt78

Yea that too

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews