• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Donut style launcher?

DQScott95

Feb 20, 2012
First off, I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, so feel free to move the topic.

I was wondering if there was ANY kind of donut style launcher for android 4.0+. All the ones I've tried like Launcher+ and Tag Home don't work on this phone. I really like the pull up app drawer and want it on this phone really bad. Any help on getting a donut style launcher to work on this device would be immensely appreciated. :D thanks in advance for the help!

First off, I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, so feel free to move the topic.

I was wondering if there was ANY kind of donut style launcher for android 4.0+. All the ones I've tried like Launcher+ and Tag Home don't work on this phone. I really like the pull up app drawer and want it on this phone really bad. Any help on getting a donut style launcher to work on this device would be immensely appreciated. :D thanks in advance for the help!

I can recommend NOVA is sick when it comes to stability,themes.. etc.etc...

Reactions: DQScott95
Upvote 0
I haven't seen any specific donut themed launchers. But I understand what you mean. While you won't be able to find one with the tab, NOVA (for example) allows for gestures. You could set an up swipe to open the app drawer. Also as the other user noted, you can also theme NOVA to look like previous android launchers.

I'd suggest giving it a try.

Reactions: DQScott95
Upvote 0
I know what Nova can do. I've gone through my launcher phase where I try EVERY possible launcher. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my phone. So just having the app drawer pop up after a (swipe up) action would not work for me. I really only want the whole donut style pull up drawer and all.

So it seems nobody is really willing to do the work to get this launcher working on newer devices. It seems I must take it into my own hands. How would I go about modifying the Launcher+ apk to work on android 4.0+? I'm assuming at least one thing to do would be replace the images in the apk with modified HD ones to match our screen size. But I have no idea how to go about editing apks on that level. Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones