1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metropcs Easy WiFi and TrafficAppWidgetUpdate services

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by metrolgesteem, Dec 22, 2011.

1. metrolgesteem

metrolgesteem Lurker

Whenever I go to setting-->Applications-->Running Services, I see these two services running.

1)Metropcs Easy WiFi
    2)TrafficAppWidgetUpdate

Even if kill them, they keep coming back. Does anyone know how to stop these services till next reboot? I don't wanna remove these applications.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Welcome to Android forums!

Yes if you are rooted you can remove both. If you have he sw version B you can root. The new update to sw version C if unrootable at the moment.

3. metrolgesteem

metrolgesteem Lurker

thanks ShinySide but not sure if I got it right. Did you mean I should go to /root directory to remove them? Well, I've "Astro" application that I can use to go to /root. But I don't wanna "remove" the applications just stop the services.
    Thanks!

4. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Oh no :) Root your phone to be able to have "super user" or "administrative" privileges to delete and do stuff you normally cant do What Being Rooted Means

And heres how to root it One Click Root

You can, go into the settings>manage apps>running and kill those services manually but they will start back up eventually and you'd have to kill them again. Also you *can* use something Advanced Task Killer to keep the apps killed which should keep the services closed too But task killers like that can actually make your phone not run up to par and/or kill your battery faster since somethings like to start back up right after being killed. But if you root your phone theres a couple option. Deleting the app, freezing the app, or simply uninstalling the app which in theroy gives you more free space and speed up your phone and safe battery life since they wont run on their own in the background anymore.

metrolgesteem likes this.
  5. metrolgesteem

metrolgesteem Lurker

thanks buddy...will try it out.

6. redhook

redhook Android Expert

You don't even have to remove the apk files. Use Titanium Backup and you can freeze the apps so that they never load and do not show up in your app list.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews