1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [MetroPCS/GSM] Support: 4.4.2: GS3 Functions Not available

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wtmp, Jan 12, 2014.

1. wtmp

wtmp Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
    Male
    cad shit
    d-town
    I recently installed CMOD 11-20140112-NIGHTLY-d2mtr and have lost most of my GS3 features that I love, such as PalmSwipe to catch screenshots, certain system settings like Settings > Applications > USB Debugging no longer exists. In fact, there is no Settings > Applications any more, its just Apps, which has nothing to do with settings. And also, the Settings > Motion area is no longer there. Any suggestions as to how I can restore this without restoring to my backup ROM?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You installed Cyanogen but you prefer it to be the stock ROM - and it doesn't work that way. If you prefer the features of the stock ROM, you stay on the stock ROM. Cyanogen is for those who prefer the way Cyanogen works.

It's like buying a Chevy and complaining that it's not a Ford.

3. wtmp

wtmp Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
    Male
    cad shit
    d-town
    I just assumed that the way it was described in the details, that it "came with new features over the Jelly Bean release", and that led me to believe that it would still have built-in functions that come with the stock ROM. I mean, who doesn't appreciate things like S-Voice?
    I will admit that it probably performs better than the stock ROM by at least 200% tho. Just wish I had the motion options and other little settings that were in stock.

4. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Male
    Miami, FL
    Why use S voice when you have Google Now? Lol

In the long run the little extras the TouchWiz brings you will never use..I bought my S3..rooted and had an CM rom on there in less then an hour of buying it.