• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [Guide] ROOTING THE OPTIMUS F6 And Recovery!

Simple Instructions:
1. Turn on USB debugging mode through Settings>Developer Options
2. Plug in the F6 to your PC
3. Set the usb connection as media
4. Download and extract F6 root.zip
5. Run "install.bat" and follow the Instructions
6. You should now be rooted ;)

Download:
Optimus F6 Root

Recovery
Use this for recovery lte2recovery.apk
Open the app, Hit recovery apply and then the Reboot button. You should now be booted into Recovery. ;)

Would I download the root to my computer or use the phone to download? Question also applies to the recovery apk. Thank you fo rthe help in advance.

Upvote 0
My next question is... what happens once I do actually root? Will I still have the same operating system? Is there a better OS to use? If yes, how do I get it. Thank you in advance.

It seems you dont know what root is
heres a thing for you to see ;) What is root

It's not an OS it just "unlocks" many new features for your phone and allows you to do stuff you weren't able to do before being rooted

Reactions: hubsabubs
Upvote 0
I have decided on creating a quick and easy root guide since i don't already see one and because a few people are still struggling to find one! by the way, this is the safe root method!

I Have Only Tried This On The I Firmware
Feel Free To Try This On Any Other Firmware Version, Either way, this Should not harm your device!!

If for some reason you don't know which firmware version you are running, go to:
Settings>About Phone>Software Information :)

Simple Instructions:
1. Turn on USB debugging mode through Settings>Developer Options
2. Plug in the F6 to your PC
3. Set the usb connection as media
4. Download and extract F6 root.zip
5. Run "install.bat" and follow the Instructions
6. You should now be rooted ;)

Download:
Optimus F6 Root

Recovery
Use this for recovery lte2recovery.apk
Open the app, Hit recovery apply and then the Reboot button. You should now be booted into Recovery. ;)
I might be a NOOb on here but I just don't get what I supposed to click on when I do the download install or install.sh that what appears unless I supposed to open something else I just want to safe root my metropcs Lg optimus f6phone. Im using windows 7 Pc for this and I just can't get it could you e-mail me ASAP to help me with this problem. Im doing this because of the insufficient storage that appears when trying to do a update or even downloading the lowest storage app possible. I have a 32 SD card with my internal saying 1.16GB internal storage used and 155mb storage left which means NOTHING else can be downloaded. Please help me I've been stuck on this going on a month since I've bought this cell phone. I did ROOT it before using VRoot but it was in Chinese and I didn't know if that was safe so I read ur posts and DELETED the APP.

Upvote 0
I might be a NOOb on here but I just don't get what I supposed to click on when I do the download install or install.sh that what appears unless I supposed to open something else I just want to safe root my metropcs Lg optimus f6phone. Im using windows 7 Pc for this and I just can't get it could you e-mail me ASAP to help me with this problem. Im doing this because of the insufficient storage that appears when trying to do a update or even downloading the lowest storage app possible. I have a 32 SD card with my internal saying 1.16GB internal storage used and 155mb storage left which means NOTHING else can be downloaded. Please help me I've been stuck on this going on a month since I've bought this cell phone. I did ROOT it before using VRoot but it was in Chinese and I didn't know if that was safe so I read ur posts and DELETED the APP.

Don't touch "install.sh" just run "install.bat" and it basically does everything for you, just follow the steps it tells you.

Upvote 0
I found on the first step that when it says press any key to continue double tapping enter really fast actually helps it sometimes when I was just hitting enter once it wouldn't take it would just sit there but if I double tapped it would continue with the process.

Yeah that happened to me before. You can also close the terminal and open it again for a "fix"

Upvote 0
Thank u I realized after playing with it. The last is how to stop the message with saying insufficient memory. I have 32gb for external. Storage which is 29.71 left while internal is 1.14gb in use and 155mb left. Im a Noob to this so if u can tell me what exactly do I need to download and do I use the PC too. Also I did root as explained in earlier posts. Really would help with my updates and simple downloads (like games, facebook, etc.) Oh an please let me know what can be move safely to the SD card and what stays in internal
Thank u all for ur Support

Upvote 0
Thank u I realized after playing with it. The last is how to stop the message with saying insufficient memory. I have 32gb for external. Storage which is 29.71 left while internal is 1.14gb in use and 155mb left. Im a Noob to this so if u can tell me what exactly do I need to download and do I use the PC too. Also I did root as explained in earlier posts. Really would help with my updates and simple downloads (like games, facebook, etc.) Oh an please let me know what can be move safely to the SD card and what stays in internal
Thank u all for ur Support

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=801368

Upvote 0
This is my first 'rooting' experience and your directions seem simple enough, however I can't get my phone to appear. Debugging is turned on and I have tried switching between 'camera' and 'media device' several times and nothing is happening.

I have no clue how to proceed.

Are you on the newest firmware? this no longer works for the 12b update

Reactions: sperri40
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones