• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] H+, not 4G LTE

Hey guys, I just rooted and installed the VirginROM (I like simplicity) on my S4 and the 4G LTE on the notification bar has been replaced with an H+...

I know it's basically another way of saying 4G LTE but I noticed that my signal (usually 100+) is at 90+. I go back to college starting Monday so I don't know how it'll affect me (horrible connection throughout the college) but I was wondering if there's a way to get the MetroPCS signal back up...

Just curious...btw, I only rooted and installed a different ROM on my phone because ever since I bought it, it would not stop rebooting at least 5-10 times a day. I thought it would settle but it never did. I rooted it, deleted unnecessary bloatware, but it kept rebooting afterwards.

Sorry for the paragraphs... any suggestions or insight on the 4G to H change? lol.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones