1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Metropcs Htc wildfire s reviews

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmcd7782, Jan 3, 2012.

1. dmcd7782

dmcd7782 Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    If this has been answered please forward me to the right area thank you

I'm looking for reviews on the metropcs htc wildfire s I'm thinking of getting it but, would like feedback how is it, battery life problems etc

All answers would be greatly appreciated Ty

Advertisement

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    Not sure about Metro PCS, but my wife has one on Virgin Mobile. Runs great, and overall she likes it. Way better than her old Intercept. The battery lasts longer than the one in my Optimus V.

3. dmcd7782

dmcd7782 Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Thank you I currently have the Optimus m after the software phone upgrade it's working crappy

4. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    Your M and my V are almost the same phone. I can tell you the Wildfire is a good upgrade. Same speed processor, but with a better instruction set (means you don't have to go through a bunch of gymnastics to get flash to run on it), better camera (with led flash), same size screen, but with higher pixel density meaning clearer image.

5. ashleydnl90

ashleydnl90 Lurker
    None

May 21, 2012
    I bought this phone when it came out and at first i thought it was great but the internal memory is horrible! it gives you less than a gig and the system updates take almost the entire internal memory so it wont let you download or use any applications, i went to metro to get my phone reset twice and it never fixed it, some metro stores stopped selling it because of all of the problems with it. I got tired of dealing with it and went to metro to complain again and i ended up buying the lg optimus m+ while i was waiting to get it the main guy i talk to walked in and said so finally getting a new phone huh yeah that one has had alot of problems we stopped selling it. I would not recommend this phone to anyone if you actually want to use your phone.

6. Resendetra

Resendetra Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2012
    I bought this phone back in February or March through Metro PCS and I have enjoyed it ever since. If you're looking for something more high tech, than you might want to go with something else, but this phone is great for people starting off with Android. The internal memory is very low, but that's because it's a low grade Android phone, but I rooted my phone, which let me delete a lot of the apps that Metro gives you and then I downloaded an app called DroidSail Super App2SD, which lets you move more than the normal Apps2SD will let you move, plus it's free. So right now I have about 60 or more MB for my internal memory and I have tons of apps on my SD card. So that took care of that.

The phone also has a 5mp camera, which I love to use a lot. Taking a video on it is nice too. All-in-all, I love this phone and don't regret buying it.

7. dmcd7782

dmcd7782 Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    I ended up getting the wildfire s and im sorry i did. My last phone was the optimus m and when I updated the software it started working slow and would freeze and restart (i did drop it a few times) i actually had less headaches with the optimus to the wildfire s

On the wildfire s... I have pretty fingers..i mean skinny fingers lol and its really hard to text which i should have known seeing the size of the phone. It does get annoying when you have to take your time hitting the right characters
    Very low memoery i can't download more then a few apps without getting the low memory warning and updating the software is a pain. I had to delete the apps then re-install. I am working on rooting the phone to see if that helps
    Very,very,very slow mobile network. When I'm out and not in a wifi area searching the web is impossible (i have metro pcs) it could be their service but, my last phone was metro and i had no problems going on the web when i was out
    The only thing i like about the wildfire s is the camera and flash
    This phone is not worth the agervation

8. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2012
    dmcd,

If you root the phone, install Link2SD. Then you will never have memory problems again

9. Calomax

Calomax Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 5, 2012
    Retired
    Guernsey
    Try going to the keyboard settings and selecting "phone" for the keyboard type. You will then get the traditional keyboard with bigger keys and 3 letters on each

10. dmcd7782

dmcd7782 Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Thank you i appreaciate the replys

@caro332 i am in the process of looking at the right way to root the phone theres alot of tuturails ive tried a few so far..ill be sure to sownlowd link2sd

@calomax Thank you i just found where to change it to phone keyoard settings thank you very much what an amazing difference!!!

11. Calomax

Calomax Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 5, 2012
    Retired
    Guernsey
    Glad to have been able to help.

dmcd7782 likes this.