1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Metropcs is the lower one of the cellular world

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Nuknfutz, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Nuknfutz

Nuknfutz Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Metropcs needs to get real. They keep everything secret like its a mattere of national security. God forbid their customers know about new phones,their specs and prices well in advance so maybe a few could make an informed decision about upgrading. And how. about requiring store employees to have at least some idea about the equipment they sell! (There are afew exceptions I know) And customer service(on the phone) wow how can it really be that bad? Are these people serious? My kids can answer questions better than they do. And the service? 4g? Maybe 10 % of the time. Maybe. And not real 4g speed ever. And I am well inside the atl 4g coverage area. Well more like a zone than an area. Its time to start treating the very people that give you your millions of dollars like just that...People. T-mobile calls me offering two free phones and to basically design my own plan one more time and I think I may go. If only that whole at&t thing was'nt happening. :mad:

Advertisement

2. Davedore

Davedore Newbie
    None

May 16, 2011

Still having issues?

3. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Metro gets better all the time

phillybirds likes this.
  4. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 24, 2011

Got that right. Unlike verizon & att they don't have 100 million subscribers bringing them in billions in monthly revenue they only have 3-5 million subscribers so improvements come at a slower pace.

5. mdside71

mdside71 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Well every body is entitled to their opinions, and well forums make an excellent area for them to voice them.

My advice is, if you don't like Metro that much by all means switch to another carrier, T-Mobile, AT&T or who ever. Its your money, get what you feel is the best deal for it.

I do not care for the phone selection the Metro has, and not even for the pricing for their upcoming LG Esteem (359.00) while its a really nice phone, you can pick up the HTC EVO all day long already flashed to Metro for 200 in my area. True you don't have the 4g with the EVO being flashed but honestly i rarely use DATA i always use WIFI...So 4g really don't mean that much to me.

6. 2012HereforNow

None

Mar 16, 2012
    I have used MetroPCS for 10-years now, and have had VERY MINIMAL problems. As a matter of fact 100%...100% of the time I talk to someone with an AT&T phone they drop on me.

I've only had one issue with drops---while driving home, there was a small blind spot that would drop me....if I drove through it fast enough, I'd not get dropped...but typically sitting in tragic...so, (and although I no longer live in that area I'm 100% convinced they fixed it).

As for your phone service. Yes, it's crappy, but how many times do you actually have to call in for help. Naturally, they have minimal workers to keep the prices down

And, speaking of "Special Olympics"--just what exactly is so difficult about using your phone you need someone to walk you through something. It can't be a billing issue calling them (as it's 100% flat rate).

And, as being "smart enough" to know their phones walk into an AT&T store and see how much they know, besides the IPhone..it's *THE ONLY* phone they try to push on you---if you ask about another phone it's always answered by, well the IPhone does it better, etc.

7. THE W

THE W Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Detroit
    i dont see how needing to know about a phone months before its released keeps you from making an informed decision about upgrading. when its released, you get all the specs and the price and can decide whether you want the phone or not then. plus all phone companies do this. you hear in advance about specs and pricing on upcoming phones through rumor mills and info leaks. no provider is gonna let you know all the official details about a phone until its officially released.

customer service is bad for every company. there are customer service blunder stories from people on every provider. same thing with sales reps.

i guess atlanta doesnt get a good signal but im doing pretty good hear in detroit. my connection has never had to rebuffer while streaming a video. you may need to switch if you're not getting good coverage in your area. metro is a niche service.

you dont need a 10mbps connection to stream videos and while verizon and ATT give you that type of speed you only have 2GBs of data a month to use it on. at least you get to check your email and look at webpages at blazing speeds. haha

none of the big4(verizon, ATT, tmo, sprint) are gonna give you a plan or any special deal where you'll get unlimited everything for $60 a month. not a chance. the only possible way for that to happen for you know someone in the company who would hook you up or you have a grandfathered plan.

8. AppleUser

AppleUser Android Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2011
    I've been with Metro for many years. I love "no contract". But they have predictable drop areas for years which have not been corrected despite reporting them properly. Their policies and service have otherwise been good, and I've encountered many very good to excellent store employees.

MetroPCS does not get feature-rich, high quality phones, presumably to keep the phone price down. This business model is wrong. I'd buy a higher quality phone for over $500 if it were 4G and had excellent features. The low monthly service rate and unlimited data is very nice, and I never travel outside their service area.

Whenever I call a manufacturer of one of the Metro phones, they blame any defect on MetroPCS, and MetroPCS indicates it is the manufacturer. Their 4G LTE network fast enough and reliable, but many features of their phones need improvement. I've posted in this and another forums about just some of these deficiencies. http://androidforums.com/lg-connect-4g/511271-good-bad-lg-connect-phone-metropcs-2.html#post4071382

So far, there's nothing compelling for me to leave MetroPCS.

9. lingming

lingming Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    well their only tmo they might not unli 4g but you get unli 3g and my metro 4g is less then 1mb 889kbs is the area of 4g so get better phone that last longer then 2-4 hrs and get faster web seem to be a no brainer

10. THE W

THE W Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Detroit
    if metro's 4g is that slow for you and you can go somewhere that will give you better speeds than you'd be dumb not to switch.

11. ChiweN

ChiweN Android Expert
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Detroit, Michigan
    Idk about anyone else but my 4g is definitely not that slow.. it might not be as fast as other carriers but I'm not complaining for the price..

[​IMG]

12. THE W

THE W Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Detroit
    Yeah that's around what I get here. Metro just doesn't work well out in cali apparently.

13. chicano

chicano Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    Male
    Program Coordinator
    California
    Metro customer for about 11 years, $45 plan. I can honestly say I only called customer service only 2 times. Their phones suck then and do so now. Since flashing was introduced, I had; Treo 700, HTC touch pro, HTC touch pro 2, HTC Evo, HTC thunderbolt and now Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic Touch...for $40...I'm loving it. If metro goes under, I have the option to flash my S2 to Boost or go to Sprint. I love having options and hate freaking contracts.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

14. ChiweN

ChiweN Android Expert
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Detroit, Michigan
    How do their phones suck lol. Metro has really stepped it up with LG connect, esteem and galaxy attain. Even better phones on the horizon, the nexus is coming as well as a new zte phone which will be another dual core 1 gig ram android along with the connect.

Not sure why people hate on metro so much.

15. LGconnect

LGconnect Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Michigan
    I don't know why either. I'm very happy with Metropcs. I used to be on Verizon and their customer service wasn't any better. Every time I went to the corporate store I had to give the person they had at the door my name and wait at least 30 minutes before they would even talk to me. I love Metropcs no contract plans and unlimited everything. I love the fact that my bill will always be the same each month no matter how much I talk, text, or use data. Thank you Metropcs!

16. THE W

THE W Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Detroit
    People expecting Metropcs to go from offering dirt cheap entry level phones to competing with Verizon and AT&T. they're improving every year and will have even more good phones and a better 4G service within the next few years. It's a process.

17. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2012
    Male
    Chef
    Garland, TX
    It most certainly is. Just think where Metro was only a year ago. & there's rumor of Sprint offering another bid to join in. THAT would definitely be a plus for all of us. That could pull in more 4g customers, & maybe even speed up the process of getting new/improved phones.

18. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    Engineer
    A-T-L-A-N-T-A
    I was going to chime in but it looks like everyone else has already said what I was going to say.

Metro=$40 a month
    All others=$100+ a month and contracts.
    Laughing at your friends while you save almost $900 bucks a year just on a stupid cell phone. Priceless.