1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MetroPCS LG Optimus F3 Link2SD fail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by afroag, Dec 27, 2013.

1. afroag

afroag Newbie

Hey guys, I like this phone but the space limitation is driving me crazy. I followed a guide where I rooted with motorchopper but it didn't fully work.

What I mean by that? Well I have superuser so its not like it's not rooted but Link2SD throws the virual external memory (emulated memory) error whenever I try to move apps to my sd card. I bought a 16Gb class 6 Gskill sd card so it's not like the phone can't handle it.

The wierd thing is that AppmngrIII can "move" my apps to the SD card but I don't know if that app actually moves everything or not.

So my question: Are there any working roots for the metroPCS version, if so can I get a link and where could I go to get a factory ROM for this phone so I can root again using another method

2. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Android Enthusiast

Have you partitioned the card?

3. afroag

afroag Newbie

yep I did all the directions. Tried it with Ext2, ext3, Fat32 for the secondary partition, nothing.

They have had many guides on how to root with motochopper and i've tried them but I have a sneaking suspicion its just for the Tmobile version

4. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Android Enthusiast

Motochopper stopped working after the latest update. Saferoot works for the update.

5. afroag

afroag Newbie

I can't even update my phone to the latest update. This motorchopper stuff created more hassel.

Where can I find the OEM ROM for Metro F3. If I were to flash it, would it erase all my stuff, contacts and all?

6. dozyaustin

dozyaustin Newbie

Link2Sd makes breaks the update. I would recommend reverting to stock and starting over:
    here's my experience how to for t-mobile, but that thread also has the KDZ for MPCS F3
    http://androidforums.com/6340053-post117.html

7. afroag

afroag Newbie

Wait does the stock you have here work for MetroPCs as well?

8. dozyaustin

dozyaustin Newbie

9. Sinner67

Sinner67 Well-Known Member

Also, you should be using "Link" instead of "Move". You cannot move applications. Check the All Things Root forum and it will explain why.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews