1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MetroPCS LG STYLO 2 PLUS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmitchell1979, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Deedee92

Deedee92 Lurker

Can you go live on Facebook with the stylo 2 plus

Advertisement

2. JaronH

JaronH Well-Known Member

Yes, you will be able to go live, as with most other phones.

3. me123me

me123me Lurker

Masterchief87,
    I think this one won't allow the same script to install supersu.zip since the special LG serial port mode seems to be missing.
    It does go to fastboot directly, and unlocking bootloader doesn't need any per-device code.
    But even after "fastboot oem unlock" you cannot boot directly from a downloaded image, like some other fastboot's allow. We may need to commit to overwriting stock recovery with TWRP before we can flash an unsigned update.zip

OTOH maybe the process for flashing an update.zip stops requiring a signature, after OEM unlock?

4. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

No the stock recovery still won't flash zips that aren't signed with lg's key. You need to find the firmware kdz file for your phone. Once you do that you might be able to get someone to build twrp.

5. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

The kdz for the Stylo 2 plus metroPCS variant was released today, it can be found at http://www.needrom.com/download/lg-stylo-2-plus-metropcs-stock-firmware/

If there is anyone that wants to take a shot at porting twrp with me let me know as my knowledge is very limited and I could use some help. Or maybe someone who is more knowledgeable than me could give it a shot. The Redmi 3s has the same specs as the Stylo 2 plus if I'm not mistaken and they have a twrp already built. Maybe we could use it as a base to port twrp over to the Stylo 2 plus.

6. Renton23

Renton23 Newbie

Just got this notification. Anybody install it and is it Nougat? Trying to avoid it in case root requires the factory firmware version.

Attached Files:

7. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

You got that on Stylo 2 plus? I haven't gotten any prompt for an update yet.

8. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

@Derickconor what firmware version is this update for and is the lgup dll file with it?

#83 viperdink, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  9. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

Not sure have been busy with work have not had a chance to download it. Will tonight and report back.

10. I'm curious too. 360MB is a bit big for a patch.

11. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

Well I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be N, if it was N it would almost certainly be a much bigger file. Probably bug fixes as well as a patch.

12. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

The firmware version is 10i

Attached Files:

13. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

I have 10b on my device right now.

14. Perhaps.... The Lollipop -> MM update for my Nexus was around the same size, but pure. Stylo I can envision updating its bloatware too

15. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Wifes Stylo 2 came with 10b and upgraded to 10i by ota. That is still a large patch . mm 6.0.1

Spec2nirvash likes this.
  16. Djoec3683

Djoec3683 Well-Known Member

17. Djoec3683

Will surely come to the metroPCS MS550. If not I'll just flash the kdz.

18. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

19. Derickconor

Derickconor Newbie

Head on over to XDA to root your Stylo 2 Plus.

Attached Files:

messi2050 and dubdiablo77 like this.
  20. Masterchief87

Hahaha looks like I messed up lol. I got the ZMAX pro because it has some better specs and because of that I'm still waiting for root.

21. dubdiablo77

dubdiablo77 Well-Known Member

I have both.. And I'd rather wait to root my ZMAX PRO.. have managed to do all I need with my Stylo 2 plus strangely enough without root.. So now it's.. meh for me..still use my Og stylo for the root stuff lol.. Only thing worth wiping for is xposed

22. Djoec3683

Lol, it's gonna be a LONG WAIT.

Masterchief87 and dubdiablo77 like this.
  23. dubdiablo77

dubdiablo77 Well-Known Member

Lol I know.. right ..

24. Masterchief87

Speaking of a long wait, I just ordered a preowned G3...and it won't be here until the 16th...dammit man

dubdiablo77 likes this.
  25. jhgfrtu

jhgfrtu Well-Known Member

Wow..
    Just a lg experience.
    I'm on MPCS and I flashed the T-Mobile.kdz because I reflashed stock with lg up and couldn't get root back.
    Then I flashed the .dz tmobile and I was able to root it again. Twrp would not let me enter via adb commands.
    I like the tmobile bloat,wallpapers better than mpcs..shhh don't tell anyone.lol.
    So in a nut shell my lg g stylo plus 2 rooted with xposed is running better than my un rootable zmax pro.
    I'm about 70% into building this kernel.
    Please a link/video to a good kernel build guide.
    Thanks guys and gals.
    LG life's good.

dubdiablo77 likes this.

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: