• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Metro pcs apk's

WiFi calling is not related with My Metro apk. In order to get WiFi calling working you need stock Metro or T-Mobile firmware. I know some T-Mobile ROMs have it too.

This isn't ENTIRELY correct. If memory serves correct you can use the my metro app to update the E911 address associated with the account/phone. However, I've read that you can also do the same thing by calling 611.

Should you ever actually need 911 services though, I strongly advise telling the operator your location/address instead of relying on the address they have on file. You might be at a friends house, a hotel out of town, or the office using their WiFi and all the 911 operator will see is the address you provided to Metro. Not a good place to be should you ever find yourself in a bad situation.

Upvote 0
This isn't ENTIRELY correct. If memory serves correct you can use the my metro app to update the E911 address associated with the account/phone. However, I've read that you can also do the same thing by calling 611.

Should you ever actually need 911 services though, I strongly advise telling the operator your location/address instead of relying on the address they have on file. You might be at a friends house, a hotel out of town, or the office using their WiFi and all the 911 operator will see is the address you provided to Metro. Not a good place to be should you ever find yourself in a bad situation.

The only way you can use WiFi calling is if you have a stock Metro or T-Mobile firmware, some T-Mobile ROMs have it too. People who have a T- Mobile ROM/ Firmware using a Metro account should update their addres thru 611 because it's impossible to do it thru T-Mobile stock app. I'm not sure if installing MyMetro you will be able t do it but it's plausible.

Upvote 0
The only way you can use WiFi calling is if you have a stock Metro or T-Mobile firmware, some T-Mobile ROMs have it too. People who have a T- Mobile ROM/ Firmware using a Metro account should update their addres thru 611 because it's impossible to do it thru T-Mobile stock app. I'm not sure if installing MyMetro you will be able t do it but it's plausible.

Yes you are correct in that you need a certain ROM in order to even use WiFi calling, but if you do have one of those ROMs then you can use the MyMetro app to update/change the E911 address. If you have T-Mobile then you can't use the MyMetro app to change the address, likewise if you have MetroPCS you can't use the T-Mobile app to update the service. And as you stated, you could just call 611 to update/change the address.

Now judging by the OP's question I am assuming they have the proper ROM for WiFi calling and are just having difficulty setting it up and using it because they can't set the E911 address. One final note, it doesn't have to be a stock ROM. I'm running Wicked ROM on my s4 and it has WI-FI calling support as well as WI-FI MMS support. So do look around, but Stock is probably your best bet.

Upvote 0
Yes you are correct in that you need a certain ROM in order to even use WiFi calling, but if you do have one of those ROMs then you can use the MyMetro app to update/change the E911 address. If you have T-Mobile then you can't use the MyMetro app to change the address, likewise if you have MetroPCS you can't use the T-Mobile app to update the service. And as you stated, you could just call 611 to update/change the address.

Now judging by the OP's question I am assuming they have the proper ROM for WiFi calling and are just having difficulty setting it up and using it because they can't set the E911 address. One final note, it doesn't have to be a stock ROM. I'm running Wicked ROM on my s4 and it has WI-FI calling support as well as WI-FI MMS support. So do look around, but Stock is probably your best bet.

You are correct. I'm goig to find one MyMetro app that I know works with KiKat. I have it installed in my Echoe ROM. If I find it will upload.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones