• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [Official]Samsung Galaxy S4 4.3[Update]

How is the 4.3 update? Stable, buggy, etc?

I've heard the S3 update had issues on several carriers.

my battery was draining really fast after the update, but after a factory reset the battery is better than before. i really like a tw rom, so when the update became available I didn't waste time to install it. the only thing i would like to do is root the phone so i can have wifi tether, but we all know that will trip the knox counter. one day i'll do it but for now no issues at all.

Upvote 0
I've been using 4.3 ROMs on my Metro GS4 for quite a while now and IMO the improvements are barely noticed, the only reason I did it is because of my Galaxy Gear. Of course I never installed the Samsung update thanks to shabby who advised us here about Knox a couple of months before it happened. Now I have an International 4.3 (Goldeneye) ROM on my phone with Bluetooth Tether and my Galaxy Gear rooted with the Null ROM with Internet and Google Play apps working.

Upvote 0
I've been using 4.3 ROMs on my Metro GS4 for quite a while now and IMO the improvements are barely noticed, the only reason I did it is because of my Galaxy Gear. Of course I never installed the Samsung update thanks to shabby who advised us here about Knox a couple of months before it happened. Now I have an International 4.3 (Goldeneye) ROM on my phone with Bluetooth Tether and my Galaxy Gear rooted with the Null ROM with Internet and Google Play apps working.

im went back to stock everything, went official, downloaded OTA but it fails when updating, downloaded your update.zip and that fails too,, it say sideload package fail error etc..

ooops grabbed wrong quote

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones