1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MetroPCS PSA: Look to see if your phone's affected

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Gman9831, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Look and see if your phone will be affected by this

Advertisement

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I stuck this thread here, and copied your post to those phone's forums that we had.

3. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Thanks. The Motion isn't affected, I see.

4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Thanks haha had just turned on my laptop to do it.

5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

It's all good. I had a moment and so I just did it. You get all the post credits though :p

6. myrieboy

myrieboy Member

I conducted the update via Kies (Waiting on Metro Servers to not be busy takes forever) I noticed a slight tweak outside of the primary updates goal when using my task manager.

Thanks for this information though, all last week in NY we had a heat wave and I blamed my phones abnormal warmth on the heat wave but found it funny that I wasn't using my phone outside in the sun. I was always in an air conditioned room/space which in turn is what I blamed my odd battery life on as well. Had no idea about the issue.

Thanks Again.

7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Anyone that went to a Metro store to update their Esteem. Did they use an SD Card to update it or did they enter a code to do it OTA?

8. ma56

ma56 Lurker

You can do it FOTA,

Software Update using Manual FOTA (Firmware Over-the-Air)
    Instructions apply to: all active Coolpad Quattro 4G, Huawei Activa 4G, LG Connect 4G, LG Esteem, Samsung Craft, Samsung Galaxy Indulge, Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G, and Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G.

Go to Settings  About Phone  Status and write down theMDN and MIN.
    Go to the dialer and enter ##626*
    Enter security code 587846
    Click on Edit (if prompted).
    Select MDN and enter 0000001234
    Select MIN and enter MIN 0000001234
    Leave SID same and press OK.
    Press Done.
    The phone will power cycle.
    Now reprogram the phone with MDN and MIN by following steps 2

djsolo13, flakito97 and Mexjoker like this.
  9. b20beast

b20beast Well-Known Member

what if i am experiencing this on an LG Connect.... because my data has been odd at times where it was great.... can i apply the same protocol?

10. Mexjoker

It does say it is also for the LG Connect :)

11. $ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer Member

Finally someone is informative on why we had too, Thank you Gman9831.

12. Mexjoker

13. ma56

ma56 Lurker

When I did it to the customers Esteem, no update promp came up. But it did update successfully. Tried it on 3 phones so far.

14. Mexjoker

Mine still says ZVD. I went back to full stock. No root nor cwm. Maybe I should give it another try.

15. for2njr

for2njr Member

You could give LG's mobile support tool a try. It's how we've updated our customer's Connects and Esteems.

You'll need to install it onto a PC computer, and connect your phone using a USB data cable. Download it from from the LG website:
    LG Manuals, Software & Firmware Updates | LG USA

16. Mexjoker

Don't have internet at home lol

17. tmh4370

tmh4370 Lurker

I've had 4g problems since the merger started. Shows 4g with 3-4 bars, then i try to open a page it drops and goes off. Seems like i stay in airplane mode more than full data. Really annoying to say the least.

18. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Funny, I live in the north Dallas area and work out in Irving/Coppell and have had no probs with 4G. I'm using a Motion.

19. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

So if I have a Lightray with the following: Samsung Galaxy S Lightray: CDMA: R940.0.4MGE01 | LTE: SCH-R940.GE01
    then is it already up to date? We just bought ours a week ago. I have not been noticing any 4G dropping in SWFL at this time, but the local stores have the BYOD signs up so I think we are close to the merger here. On my last week or so with my Connect, I was having problems with 4G disappearing for hours at a time.

20. b20beast

b20beast Well-Known Member

I meant LG Motion

21. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Nope some are just getting data problems since the combine is happening pretty soon

22. Lee12311

Lee12311 Newbie

This is how I updated my LG Esteem. I confirmed with local corp store that my update zve is the one they would do at the local store. The person at the store said this will give me access to T-Mobile LTE network after 8/11.

23. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Where do you get LG Connect VVE???
    The latest I can find is VV5 which is the update that fixed everyone who was effected by the merge.

24. Mexjoker

VVE sounds more united though :p;)

25. rottweilerjim

rottweilerjim Well-Known Member

My Esteem's rooted w/stock ms910svd rom. If I update will it affect my rooting? Should I do a reset first? If not will I need to delete new t-mobile software or will I even be able to root to t-mobile after? I need solid recon Intel before I advance. Or this is the first power move to make me conform to big brother or spend big bucks again for a new phone that I did'nt want to buy yet until the cdme phones are obsolete and then get the best phone available then not get one for a short time thing. (I'm not nuts, just cheap & don't like big changes till I say so) or am I just over thinking too much.