• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS PSA: Look to see if your phone's affected

no 4g, explains when I DL app for live cable tv it says requires a 4g phone....How about e mails, mine don't load unless I turn off wi fi then turn wi fi back on. it just says loading messages until I do that..I was going to leave metro and go to t mobile so I can get the Samsung for no money down...Is that a good move at this point?

I know nothing about flashing rooting or anything else and I don't think you have to to have a working phone and service

Upvote 0
Yes the only way to get my mms messages to be sent and receive cause metro sorry suckers done fuzzed up bad . And they know that this is completely metro and tmobile faults . But yes you are affected cause this 4g lte isn't in all areas cause i am in the cut and thought . But when i went to new york or philly this phone can do some good things and move extra fast .

Upvote 0
well so far with the #2 3.0.1 rom,my 4g doing great,texts,pic mess,going threw with no prob,im jus mad i cant tether to my nexus and i had it working,but with the update to the phone,and since asus fixed my nexus,my build # is diff,but i got it rooted finally : ) and my flashlight settings vanished since i flashed bt fix thought that might help tethering,nope,so guess ill just tinker with the phone and all ,wish i could have my rom #2 2.5 bk,my fone loved it,ran flawlessly ,oh well

I had the tether problem too. Try turning on USB debugging. That seems to be the difference for my esteem. I to re flashed multiple times.

As for speed mine is all over the map. During the afternoon/evening i was hitting speedtest between.02 & 1.0mbps! By midnight 2mbps. Just now at 6:30am here, 10mbps! Never seen that before on metro.....

So i'm going to wait and see what comes as they settle in towers. Btw, over the last year, i could count on 3-5mbps....

Upvote 0
If its a problem just flash the baseband that came with the device or downgrade to zvb . I been told the baseband other than the zvd or zve should be good and performance should be great . But as you see i am on zvb no problems and the speeds are good and guess what my mms and sms is great and on time. This should be good til October or November cause as we all know nothing comes out great the first time we all make mistakes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones