• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [Recovery] [Loki] CWM v6.0.4.6

I am not sure as I was already set up. Did it the command prompt way. But my one click install script could work. Anyways. I use it to access recovery right now. Next version of the slim line rom should have it in its power menu.

Pressy4pie, I'm off at work right now with no comp, can you pm me. I have some things to ask about. I'm on my phone.

Upvote 0
Hey its been a while since ive posted in this forum. Long story short, i bought this phone a few days ago, saw that we had no developers working for it so i decided to dive right it. Starting with this here recovery, going for cm10.2 next then cm11.

OK, tested and uploaded. Everything works including external Sd card. (PlayfulGod pointed out usb disk.. it's in stab, If someone wants to try go for it, I don't use usb so if it doesn't work don't expect me to fix it. )

So check this out guyz, i wrote a quick app that should install recovery. I had Angablade test for me, so blame him.
F6Utilities
it installs the latest cwm i built, and has the ability to return to stock recovery, and reboot to recovery. Ill be adding more to it but for the time being it shall be the way to install my cwm.
Kthxbi.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR CWM:
1-21-14
this one is the fully functional one. Sorry for the wanky links again.

if you want to install manually, its already been loki'd so do something like

Code:
adb push <path/to/cwm.lok> /data/local/tmp

adb push <path/to/loki_flash> /data/local/tmp

adb shell 

su

cd /data/local/tmp

./loki_flash recovery cwm.lok

I think I'm gonna write an installer app for those of you who are afraid of the command line. Give me a minute o k.

[disclaimer]
I did goof my phone up using the the fx3 kernel sources. so be careful if your starting to develop roms i suppose. dont blame me when your cat dies or something.

im still looking into how to fix it. for right now recovery is what ive got going. working on an oc kernel, and some init tweaks to get a bigger data partition (on sdcard)

[Thanks (in no order of importance)]
Playfulgod - initial device profile & kernel source from fx3

ShabbyPenguin - being a helpful resource & all around recovery genius

Sammyz - being my favorite "lg guru"

Angablade - Testing the f6 utilites app

The rest of the guys I hang out with in #oudhitsquad

How do i use the code if it cant find the cwm.lok and do i use androids terminal or my laptops terminal to put the code in????

Upvote 0
Ooooo du im so stupid the app doesnt work for me cause i already have a cwm recovery im trying to uninstall my cwm recovery so i could install thiz one can any one help me uninstall my cwm recovery without a computer?

this one will over write the old one. And it has an option to revert to stock recovery if you so chose. im uploading the fixed apk as we speak. but i have slow internet. i will update op in a few minutes

Upvote 0
I remember seeing PG, Shabby and sammyz in the motions forum. They were quite helpful and did some amazing stuff with the locked boot loader for the motion. I would love to see their development in this forum. :)

I hang out with them in irc. Sammyz doesn't do shit in the way of development but he is good at unbricking. I don't think shabby did anything for the motion and pg helps me quite often lol

Upvote 0
I hang out with them in irc. Sammyz doesn't do shit in the way of development but he is good at unbricking. I don't think shabby did anything for the motion and pg helps me quite often lol

Shabby actually brought the first recovery that could be accessed with a button combination during boot. But it would wipe your phone and it was pink. LOL. But it could save you the trouble of unbricking your phone.

Upvote 0
Sweet!! Hopefully we can get some of the same results. I guess when I said development, I actually meant in general. Like you said.. sammyz good for unbrick guides, shabby for overall support and PG for actual dev work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones