• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [Recovery] TWRP - Lokied - NEW APK VERSION 08/27/14

Hi all. I made a TWRP recovery for the Optimus F6

PLEASE TAKE NOTE

WHEN BOOTING INTO RECOVERY FROM A POWERED OFF STATE ON THIS PHONE AND SOME OTHER LG PHONES, THE BOOT LOADER (ABOOT) ZEROS OUT THE DATA PARTITION AND DESTROYS ALL DATA LG DOES THIS FOR SECURITY REASONS IN CASE SOMEONE’S PHONE GETS STOLEN SINCE THIS IS A FUNCTION OF THE BOOT LOADER I CAN NOT CHANGE THIS BEHAVIOUR SO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE BACKUPS OF YOU DATA PARTITION ON A REGULAR BASES. IF YOU BOOT INTO TWRP FROM THE VOLUME BUTTON YOU WILL NEED TO FORMAT THE DATA PARITION SO THAT IT CAN BE MOUNTED AGAIN

CWM BACKUPS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TWRP AND VICE VERSA, YOU CAN NOT RESTORE A CWM BACKUP WITH TWRP AND YOU CAN NOT INSTALL A TWRP BACKUP WITH CWM

Here is a flash-able zip that can be flashed with CWM

https://www.mediafire.com/?tcv69tr8xw5gqhh

jetx2x will be making an apk that can be installed and will flash this for you, in the near future

Thanks to

djrbliss for Lokie
TeamWin for TWRP

If I have helped you, and you like my work, please click on the Thanks Button and give my thread a rating by clicking on the stars above.

If you would like to contribute to my hooker fund, you can click on the PayPal button

.hK
Can you let me know if that apk is made yet? If not what's the progress on it? Thank :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
[I am using http://androidforums.com/metropcs-o...root/820352-recovery-loki-cwm-v6-0-4-6-a.html ]
After flashing TWRP:
1. If you enter recovery from a power down state, you have issues with the data partition?
2. With CWM above, you could only enter recovery from a power on state. So, with TWRP, can you not only do this, but avoid the data corruption issue?

the only way to boot into recovery from a powered off state with out having the data partition getting zerod out, it to use either my cm11 or my euro port roms

Upvote 0
Ok. So, it's a combination of TWRP and your ROM(s) that make this possible?

no matter what recovery or rom you have

if you hold power and volume down from a powered off state

and then press power on the factory reset screen

you data partition will be zerod out

it is part of the bootloader

it has nothing to do with ROM or recovery

in my roms, i added something to the kernel, that allows you to press and hold the home button and boot into recovery

it only work on my 2 roms

Reactions: infowarz
Upvote 0
Power up, like you would to boot into recovery with a button combination. Hold only home button.

So, using either one of his ROMs, from a powered off state, you hold down the HOME button and press POWER at the same time?

EDIT: The reason I ask so many questions sometimes is to try to get unequivocal responses. I really *** appreciate *** all the work developers and other supporters do. But, sometimes feel like explanations equivocate just enough so someone like me like me can get him/her self into trouble...
:eek:

Upvote 0
I have an LG Optimus F6 MetroPCS rooted Android 4.1.2
Does it have a recovery itself? or I have to flash a recovery in it?
Because when I hold volume down and power keys, it's going to hard reset my phone.
If yes, what it the best recovery for this phone?
Root your phone with towel root. Install busybox. Install CWM recovery using pressy4pie's F6Utilities. Place TWRP recovery zip file onto SD card. Boot into recovery using Quick Reboot app, install TWRP recovery. Reboot into TWRP recovery. Never boot into recovery with button combination unless you're on hroark's ROMs.

Reactions: SaidJan
Upvote 0
Just want to say that this recovery is awesome! Just a few minutes ago I installed a custom boot animation that got me stuck in a boot loop and was able to fix the problem by using the file manager found in "advanced" to delete the boot animation I had just installed and get my phone working again without having to restore a backup then redo everything

Upvote 0
Just want to say that this recovery is awesome! Just a few minutes ago I installed a custom boot animation that got me stuck in a boot loop and was able to fix the problem by using the file manager found in "advanced" to delete the boot animation I had just installed and get my phone working again without having to restore a backup then redo everything

how did you get into recovery ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones