• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [ALPA] [4.4.4] AOKP Unofficial

i can't believe what i just read :( i cant believe there could be people like that Hroak made an awesome job and all those other devs were just jealous of all the work he had done ,hroak and all his work inspired me to some day also develop for android just as him android is not only a hobby for me but a passion , i still have hope that hroak would come back i read this post http://androidforums.com/metropcs-o...2834-petition-hroark13-request-come-back.html and im willing to donate for him to come back please help!!
wow mad late

Upvote 0
no

I am done with this phone, people are calling me a credit hog, and are not happy that I jumped in and took over the way I did

they do not like that I made the CM and AOPKP threads

they do not like that it was me who created a buildable bootable tree

they do not like that I am the one who got everything working in such a short time (even though dm helped with the blue tooth and rotation sensor)

I really wish I never got this phone, and I am going to see about returning it

the devs who were here before me can have all the stuff I did, I can care less if they give me credit or not, I will not be working with them again, and I am stopping all work on this phone

Are u serious? Wtf dude who cares what they think ur a modder and u excel screw them if ur better oh well better luck next time

Reactions: nthaniel
Upvote 0
it's a KK based ROM...good chance you'll get the same errors ...

and this ROM is basically stuck in ALPHA as far as i know.....

kk mini,CARBON, CM11 UNofficial ....are the more stable roms that are not Jellybean Based

XPERION,DANA,Slim,and Stock will work with all the hacks listed...and listed again and again and again and again....follow the blogs....read all through the longest ones and you see a history of what is and is'nt happening....

read will be the answer you may get from everyone else....it's more likely to help than just spot and simple suggestions and instructions because that will not included what will and will not jive with this that and the other......

READ READ READ....there those three words are the best advice here

Upvote 0
aokp_logo_banner.png

AOKP for the LG F6 Alpha release

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

Code:
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All the source code for AOKP is available in the AOKP Github repo

My source code for the device tree and kernel can be found here
https://github.com/hroark13/lge_f6mt_cm11/tree/AOKP

Instructions:

First time flashing AOKP on your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
  2. Perform a backup of your current ROM.
  3. Perform a factory reset while in recovery
  4. Flash AOKP
  5. Flash GAPPS

Make sure you set the correct APN for your provider, for mobile data to work (thanks ksjd0414)

Do not use bug tracker on Unofficial builds

What works but may need bug fixing

you tell me

What's not working:

you tell me

Download Links

ROM ALPHA
https://www.mediafire.com/?4j4s52d8qn494xt
md5sum d5bbcd4b147b88ecf4dd708ebf39373f

GAPPS
Google Apps - CyanogenMod

Credits and thanks:
AOKP Team :)

LG :)
Github :)
Android Forums :)
djrbliss (LOKI) :)
Dm47021:)
pressy4pie:)
codingninja62001:)

If I have helped you, and you like my work, please click on the Thanks Button and give my thread a rating by clicking on the stars above.

.hK
How do I fix my SD card? I can't save anything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones