1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MetroPCS] [ROM][AROMA] LG Optimus F6 - Dana - Ver.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bard, Aug 15, 2014.

1. ghet2rockuu

ghet2rockuu Android Enthusiast

im having same problem i hate lockcreen n try to go to settings to turn off it crashes had to get a module with exposed but would like to do it from the main settings

Advertisement

sunnyd likes this.
  2. ghet2rockuu

ghet2rockuu Android Enthusiast

Never mind got it to work moved the lg home back to data /app rebppted m wrked ty

3. flowjo357

flowjo357 Newbie

Can i get the ota from this rom? 4.4.2. official rom

4. Bard

Bard Android Expert

Well... there's no official 4.4.2 ROM available so no.

If LG / Metro release one then it's better to restore stock / unroot to receive OTA.

5. papadog

papadog Well-Known Member

I would also like to know this.
    Again i tried your Ver 2 rom and the same thing happen when i linked my apps from link2sd half of the apps crashed again. Could it be that your kernel does not support ext 4 that is what link2sd uses to link apps. By the way rom was very smooth like butter very nice job.

6. paco4315

paco4315 Newbie

Worked just fine! i didnt really wipe data i just installed it over the beta version and so far no problems!

7. sunnyd

sunnyd Newbie

Amazing ROM. I love how you integrated DSP manager into the system instead of just for the Apollo player. Makes my life so much simpler. Only issue I had was I still have the xperion boot screen and lost my root but other then that. The ROM is probably the most stable and smoothest I've tried so far. Great job.

Bard likes this.
  8. CYCONUMNUM

CYCONUMNUM Android Expert

I installed DANA last night with the storage swap hack ....

Xperion was lagging badly and apps kept crashing....

So I renewed the fat32/ext4 split on my SD and started fresh....

After installing all the app choices with the smallest data "foot prints"....

It runs smooth ... No surprises yet....no boot loops .....

Thanx Bard....turned out to be a good early Christmas

Bard likes this.
  9. Xt51

Xt51 Android Enthusiast

Same thing here..this new xperion ROM uses up more ram and laggs every now and then. Well for me it does. So i flashed the old one before the new. Much better :D

Bard likes this.
  10. Bard

Bard Android Expert

Thanks for trying my humble rom.
    I've been working on the next version.. but this JB environment (or is it F6 environment??) is tricky.
    All these Google-apps; map, google now (search), play store are all related, slight change causes FC on those apps -_-;;

LG Motion (ICS) was much easier on cooking with updated apps, you just download updated apps and place them, cook rom.. that was it. This F6... force closes those apps args!

CYCONUMNUM, giovannye and viperdink like this.
  11. papadog

papadog Well-Known Member

How are your updates coming along. What if anything new can we expect.

12. CYCONUMNUM

his F6 had a run in with some liquid ...

read that he has port issues ...

dunno is there will be anymore updates..

it's nice right now....

if anything get weird it's probably because i flashed FREEDOM OC with it..

it's good though...

even though nothings getting installed on my ext4 partition...the swap is making sure nothing gets installed in onboard storage....

i'm itching to try the KK/CM bash in the worx....

this is the best ROM for me to fall back on if it's too buggy..

not that i expect it to be...but, it is a KK variant and that means that it will ignore the SD all together.....

silly Google

13. Bard

Bard Android Expert

Yeah -_-;;; I dropped my F6 in the toilet :(:(:(

I took it out quickly and dried it out so everything works, it even charges with usb cable but somehow computer doesn't recognize it as USB device. I guess some part of USB is damaged...

I can still make ROM but if my phone goes brick, I won't be able to unroot and KDZ restore.

This is so stupid.. -_-

14. CYCONUMNUM

Pressure makes diamonds

15. sschlesinger

sschlesinger Newbie

I usually never post on this forum and i have been a member of this forum for years. One reason im posting is to say thank you and what a great rom, its fast slick and the themes are nice. I have had this on my phone for a few days now battery life is good and most importantly everything works. Keep up the good work sir.

16. If it's less than a year old, turn it in to lg.

17. I haven't tried this ROM. Is the link down?

18. Bard

Bard Android Expert

It seems like the links are okay.

Files are uploaded @ Google Docs (Drive), ignore virus scan message and download it.

19. Thanks. I figured it out. The ROM was downloading, but when I checked the status bar it remained at zero. I just waited and the phone confirmed the download. By the way, the ROMs great. Does the any type of memory hack work on this rom?

20. Blackflag4

Blackflag4 Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken this ROM is made from the stock ROM so the hack listed at the link may work. If you are curious, check out the posts there and ask around. Someone there will likely answer your request. Possible Memory Hack for the F6

21. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Dana Rocks
    Sorry was trying to help someone find your ROM.

Note: Forum mobile app could use some updating.
    Thanks Bard.

22. Bard

Bard Android Expert

Sorry for slow update.
    My phone is still on & off ever since I dropped it in toilet ><
    Sometimes it recognized most time not.

But by no means this project is dead.
    F6 is my daily driver and I am still working on it :)

23. David344

David344 Well-Known Member

You say you get about 1gig of internal space with this ROM? Is that Extra or what. With stock ROM from the box the f6 gives you 1.2gig.

24. CYCONUMNUM

It can have a very small footprint... It depends on what you choose to install.....

It is the best stock alternative without going full custom...

Then there is Xperion... It's based on stock... But has a custom feel and look.... And preforms really nice...

With this phone the fight is not all about being pretty...

It's more for forcing it to let us use our sd cards to the fullest... To make up for the phones lack of head space... And use its performance abilities without the limitations google (kk sd poop) and lg put it front of it....

25. eztech

eztech Lurker

I followed the instruction but keeps get an error message "set_perm: some changes failed" at step 7: Setting permissions. The log shows:
    script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed