• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][F6] Xperion ROM **Updated 2/11/2015**

Glad I asked, and would U look at that, I posted a question in the proper thread. lol, K thks again GT!
Just so you know too that by been pushed into the system it will update by the playstore so you would have to grant root again n every time it update as for me that's the only way I have been able to manage the app to do what I want.

Upvote 0
Just so you know too that by been pushed into the system it will update by the playstore so you would have to grant root again n every time it update as for me that's the only way I have been able to manage the app to do what I want.

You can open supersu and uncheck re-authentication to keep your app root permissions after they update...
su.png

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Ya its always had su rights, green pound sign right next to it inside superSU, but ya its always been a lil buggy actin with me. I'm kinda diggin ES File manager myself. Next tweek is Links2SD. I've partitioned this SD card once before this past winter with Aparted off playstore I didn't set link2sd up properly at the time tho. and I guess from what I have read that you're partition can become "unpartitioned" if you will I guess. Time for a new device I been lookin at the Galaxy Avant. getting wore out on this ol' non-memory make of a model F6 here.

Upvote 0
Ya its always had su rights, green pound sign right next to it inside superSU, but ya its always been a lil buggy actin with me. I'm kinda diggin ES File manager myself. Next tweek is Links2SD. I've partitioned this SD card once before this past winter with Aparted off playstore I didn't set link2sd up properly at the time tho. and I guess from what I have read that you're partition can become "unpartitioned" if you will I guess. Time for a new device I been lookin at the Galaxy Avant. getting wore out on this ol' non-memory make of a model F6 here.
Whaaaat Daaa... Yea you should get a new device... Now lets keep threat clean... Im out.

Upvote 0
I noticed in the instructions it says updated busybox binary and that busybox checker shows as all is equipped. however I'm installing the V6 supercharger wich read ( I don't have busy box installed or atleast updated, anywho I ran back and installed busybox again as I thought that I didn't need busybox on this ROM I was wrong and glad I stopped the process in time. You know soooo much more than I but updated busybox binary can make one think that they don't need to download busybox. as far as v6 charger had read off I deffinetly needed busybox installed.

Upvote 0
I noticed in the instructions it says updated busybox binary and that busybox checker shows as all is equipped. however I'm installing the V6 supercharger wich read ( I don't have busy box installed or atleast updated, anywho I ran back and installed busybox again as I thought that I didn't need busybox on this ROM I was wrong and glad I stopped the process in time. You know soooo much more than I but updated busybox binary can make one think that they don't need to download busybox. as far as v6 charger had read off I deffinetly needed busybox installed.

V6 supercharger is not my problem and is outside the scope of this thread. The rom comes with busybox from the official busybox site. Whether v6 needed a different version is not my problem.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hmmm ya not sure. I don't even pay for hotspot and get it free on any ROM on this device, XperionROM, Carbon ROM. There's a lot of free hotspot feathering apps on play store alone. I like JB WiFi works like a charm so ya very odd you're WiFi feather isn't working because it doesn't have anything to do with this ROM as long as its flashed properly and whatnot. Hmmmmmm sorry bout that........ Sucks man

Upvote 0
Hmmm ya not sure. I don't even pay for hotspot and get it free on any ROM on this device, XperionROM, Carbon ROM. There's a lot of free hotspot feathering apps on play store alone. I like JB WiFi works like a charm so ya very odd you're WiFi feather isn't working because it doesn't have anything to do with this ROM as long as its flashed properly and whatnot. Hmmmmmm sorry bout that........ Sucks man
Apparently you didn't even read his post. He stated that WiFi tether works and USB tethering is what he has problems with.

Upvote 0
Apparently you didn't even read his post. He stated that WiFi tether works and USB tethering is what he has problems with.
Wel the problem with his usb tethering its in the framework.... Somehow framework its not communicating properly... He would have to do a Fac.Reset or new clean istall... Or stay with wifi tethering...Nothing we can do... Not even with a 3rd party app... I tried looking for a fix but that's what i came out. :mad:

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
Hi, Thank your for the work- had your older kernel in for a while, now have your updated kernel and ROM installed, love it and appreciate the work you do that you make available for free. I am having one issue though- since install I have had the phone display and operation start lagging horribly, the cpu drops to 288 or so, and I think its because the CPU temp goes above 50 Celsius (has only happened when I have been in the car with no a/c, and the ambient temp is 80 plus). Phone becomes almost unusable for anything. Did you override the temp/display dimming feature, and could that be the issue? The only other things that have changed since I put your new kernel/ROM in are xposed framework and a few modules (grav box, notification mod, couple others). In the meantime ive set the governor to conservative, ill see if a combo of that and a dimmer display help.
Any thoughts would be helpful. thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones