• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] Recovery Flash-able Stock M919NUVUAMF2 Rooted/Deodexed [ROM]

I plan on trying the workaround this weekend, maybe sunday.
Error compile apk [problem partially solved] - xda-developers

FYI, it works...I was able to compile frameworkres.

This is what I did:

Take for instance, this is one line of the errors:
Code:
C:\APK-Multi-Tool-Experimental-RELEASE\projects\framework-res.apk\res\layout\keyguard_screen_password_landsc ape.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/keyguard_transport_control').

Its telling me that this file
res\layout\keyguard_screen_password_landscape.xml

Has an error at this value:
@layout/keyguard_transport_control

So I opened the file keyguard_screen_password_landscape.xml with notepad ++
and searched for the value @layout/keyguard_transport_control
and put a + in front of the value like this:
+@layout/keyguard_transport_control

Then save keyguard_screen_password_landscape.xml
and repeat the steps till I had gotten the error in each file.
After that I was able to compile.

Reactions: nuttmeg and danyvw
Upvote 0
not your pics and stuff. It will delete any apps youve installed. You may want to make sure youre contacts are all synced up. If your phone is stock, you can try and not reset. If youre coming from another rom, youll have to.

ill start fresh.. Dont want any possible bugs, thnx for the info.. Factory, then install, about to try it out thnx bro.. Wanted to make sure because i had the lg spirit and it had same instructions but it wiped everything. Only android phone that has happened to me doing a wipe

Upvote 0
data toggle in the notification area, dont know why sammy chose to not add it in but on the verizon phone it has the data toggle.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2342370

Here is mines...

2013-10-20202810_zpsd0d13231.png

Reactions: ARocker and mike28
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Any idea where the app actually makes the necessary edits nuttmeg?

Id like to add this to my rom permanently.

No but I been looking deep into some roms and so, trying to figure out which line was added in on the custom rom tw base. I contact 1 of the devs at xda on this matter but no response yet. Will keep you updated on if they ever respond which they hardly do...lol

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0
No but I been looking deep into some roms and so, trying to figure out which line was added in on the custom rom tw base. I contact 1 of the devs at xda on this matter but no response yet. Will keep you updated on if they ever respond which they hardly do...lol

Good stuff old sport :)

Ive been struggling to get ANY 4 way reboot mods to work...only luck so far is a dirty version i put together from two different roms (tmo and Att). It "works" but the problem is that the names and icons are not what they are supposed to be (power off, airplane mode and restart are all called something different and have different icons) but "work" as they should. So far, all attempts to mod it cleanly using guides have ended up soft booting.

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
Good stuff old sport :)

Ive been struggling to get ANY 4 way reboot mods to work...only luck so far is a dirty version i put together from two different roms (tmo and Att). It "works" but the problem is that the names and icons are not what they are supposed to be (power off, airplane mode and restart are all called something different and have different icons) but "work" as they should. So far, all attempts to mod it cleanly using guides have ended up soft booting.

I was checking this out last night, [Mod] Long Menu Press to Kill and 4 Way Reboot - xda-developers

Upvote 0

I saw that one nutt. Im hesitant to use a different carriers android.policy tho. I don't think this is the kind of mod that we'll be able to just flash one from another carrier and poof, it works. If it did, the Tmo android.policy would be the one...I tried it. Perhaps you'll have a different result.

I've been looking at guides and how to's to try and figure it out. I did it easily enough with the S3. Problem is all the how to's I've found are for the S3 and don't work as written for the S4. ...so what I've been doing is to try to figure out what the difference is but I've gotten nowhere so far. No one has rewritten the guides for the S4 yet and i'm no dev so i'm stuck.

I don't know how familiar you are with these guides but Ill give you the link to the one I was following, maybe some fresh eyes will do the trick.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV][MODDING] CRT, Airview, 4-way reboot, ink effect, phone, sms..etc [19/Oct/2013]

That's majdinj, hes tha man.

Also here's the Frankenstein android.policy that I made that "works" for those interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q815ow3ke89l34l/android.policy.jar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones