• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] a stock custom rom being made

AquaVolt

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2014
New York, United States
Hello,
I've been working on a custom rom so far for our Metro PCS/T-Mobile F3 and I would like it if someone is willing to test and/or help me with it. So far it is just completely stock with it just debloated made from xclusive36's stock rom base. Eventually after I'm done with making it fully, it will have lollipop icon apps, a cool boot animation and more. So if you're willing to test or help I will greatly appreciate it. As of now I need some help making the boot animation and a bit of theming.

so hows the rom coming along?
I'm going to start working on it now that I have some more free time. I need to test the rom after each step because of how picky this phone is. I should have it up and running in about a week or so cause I'm not used to making roms for this stubborn phone. I assume its the locked bootloader causing this to happen.

Upvote 0
I've gotten something to boot so far. Its basically almost everything, but there's a bit more I want to add in. Here it is if anyone wants to test it out. Make sure you use CWM and not TWRP so you can recover from a brick or bootloop. Tell me what happens if you do test it out, it booted for me so hopefully it will for you. Remember its deodexed so it will take a long time to boot so if its not bootlooping then its booting. If it bootloops or bricks, then pull out the battery and boot into CWM using power + volume down and go to mounts and storage, format data, and then restore (thank you GameTheory for that trick).

EDIT: Corrupt rom, see next post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just some friendly advice... I noticed you used my updater script in your rom which I don't mind since I know you don't know how to write one, but please make sure you're not using anything else from my rom or kernel.

When you need another devs stuff it's always best to ask them and if they say yes, make sure to give them credit for their stuff in your rom post. Believe me it goes a long way.

Good luck with your rom.

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0
I didn't use anything from your rom. I used only the stock rom made by xlcusive36 and went from there. I only used your rom as a guide on what was safe to delete, but I did not use any files from it. Everything I used was from xclusive36's stock base rom which he may have used you rom for.

Well then he used stuff from my rom, either way all I'm asking is for you guys to do your own work as I would.

Upvote 0
Alright I was doing stuff as I should and didn't break any rules. I know about giving credit to people and theres a list of people who I will give credit to including you as I did look at your rom as an outline. I was just saying that I didn't steal any work myself and I never would. I didn't even know xlcusive used stuff from your rom.

Upvote 0
Alright I was doing stuff as I should and didn't break any rules. I know about giving credit to people and theres a list of people who I will give credit to including you as I did look at your rom as an outline. I was just saying that I didn't steal any work myself and I never would. I didn't even know xlcusive used stuff from your rom.

You see the file called "boot.lok". Remove that from the rom since that is my Freedom Kernel. I was very clear from the day I posted the kernel that I do not want it included in any roms. If you want your rom users to install it then you can simply post a link to its thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones