• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] LG F3 Legally Unlocked Tmobile Won't Root!

Hello all developers,

Getting this weird message. I have tried to root my LG Optimus F3 bought from T-Mobile and unlocked officially using their code.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have the LG United USB drivers installed! (I can explore and add photos to my phone via the USB on my Windows XP computer)

I have also installed the Google USB Drivers using the Android SDK Manager.

I tried rooting the phone using Motochopper but keep getting Failure message. It installs the Superuser and that's it.

Any idea what I am doing wrong or what I should do to root my phone?

It says I have LG-P659 Phone

Please help!!

Pasting from my screen shot since I'm a new user on this forum! Any help will be appreciated!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

[*]
[*] Motochopper: Android root exploit (Windows version)
[*] v1.1
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Tested on the Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, and Atrix HD.
[*] Supports lots of other devices as well. ;-)
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure that USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest USB drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] WARNING: This will likely void the warranty on your device. I am
[*] not responsible for any damage to your phone as a result using this
[*] tool.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Pushing exploit...
4010 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.312s)
[*] Pushing root tools...
3276 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.109s)
3647 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.500s)
3402 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.453s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Success
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes.
[-] Failure.
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Thank you Fox Mulder. You were right, Motochopper wasn't able to root it so I used saferoot and was able to root it. Thank you!!

Another question!!

I tried changing the default install directory using the adb shell pm setinstalllocation 2 command so I can change it to the external card however it keeps giving me error messages. Says command is not recognized then a whole bunch or commands.

I want to be able to move the Nonmovable apps to External card (Yes I know that I shouldn't move the widgets, important system apps and stuff like that!) but stupid apps like Facebook, Chrome, etc keep taking lot of space!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks again for your advice and stay warm in this horrible winter storm!!

RockstarNYC

Upvote 0
OK I googled the new command and its working now EXCEPT for Google products. For example I moved the FB app to SD Card along with other apps. But none of the google products will move. So how do I fix that?

Also, I have lookout security that came pre-installed on my phone. I want to get rid of that and install CM security. But it won't let me uninstall it:rolleyes:. How do I do that?

Thanks!:)

Upvote 0
Ok Thanks Ken!

Appreciate the answer. I was able to uninstall Lookout using the Clean Master app by giving it root privileges.

Question. If I do any system update will I lose my rooting privileges? I have already updated my android system to the latest one. But in case in future, I install any updates will it take away any rooting privileges?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones