• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] [Rom][Stock]MS659 & P659 Stock Roms 4.1.2

xclusive36

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2014
Maryland
www.litestep.com
Current Software Version:
MS65910c for Metro PCS
P65910b for T-Mobile​

To find out which software version you are currently running:
Go to:
> Settings
> About phone
> Software information
>> Listed under Software version

Please keep in mind that these Roms are large files.

Don't forget to 'wipe data/factory reset' and 'wipe dalvik cache' in twrp, or cwm.

Errors:
If you run into allot of errors after flashing a Rom, most likely somewhere the flash didn't perform correctly. To fix, re-wipe and flash again.

Details
Rooted - SuperSU app
init.d support in the ROM itself, and not in the kernel
busybox added (no app)
Contains all Stock LG apps. none removed.
Zipaligned
No Bloatware removed

Base for Roms
Feel free to use this as a base to create your own roms. Just link back to this forum thread as a source.

The Deodexed roms are perfect for creating themes, or themed roms.

Download:
Stock Rom https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/xclusive36/fx3/tm-pcs

Note that this link points to multiple files. Pay attention to which files you are downloading.
** By downloading this ROM you agree that anything that happens to the device, be it negative or positive, is your own fault.

Last edited:
Note:
The T-Mobile Stock rom includes the Metro Pcs aboot, and boot partitions. This is to insure no conflict with any custom recovery that may be installed.

Also note that in the Deodexed roms, the keyboard has been changed with an aosp keyboard. For some reason the default LG keyboard doesn't like deodexed roms.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll deodex it in a few days. I'll also attempt to do one for T-Mobile as well.

I'm currently working on cm11 for virgin mobile. I got it to get to boot animation and then it just sits.

I'll also need to port my cm10 rom over to you guys. It was a metro pcs rom originally. It has issues but may work better for you guys than it does for us.

Upvote 0
Wow that's great! If you can port it over to us it would be awesome and if you can make cm11 for the vm then you guys can have kitkat! Nice to know we have a new developer now for both vm/sprint and metro/t-mo. And if you do make a t-mobile version of a stock rom, then you should just change the name of the thread and put it here. The current version for t-mobile is p65910b, let me know if you want anything from it cause I have a t-mobile phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones