1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Sync-ing issue after root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JackX, Jan 25, 2014.

1. JackX

JackX Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2014
    Phone: LG F3
    Metro PCS

Issue:
    After rooting my phone, I cannot get my google calendar to sync. It has Super SU and ES file explorer. I used saferoot.

Any ideas?

I have two different gmail account, and it cannot find the calendar for either one.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Since neither Accounts, calendar or sync uses root, rooting didn't affect them.

Remove both accounts and enter them as new ones. If that doesn't fix it, something else happened to the phone that's preventing syncing. (You did make sure that calendar sync was on for both accounts, right?)

3. JackX

JackX Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2014
    Yes, they are both checked for sync.

When I go to accounts and sync, I received an error on both accounts (Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly). It has been 3 day now.

I was just wondering if it was an error in something I did, or is it on their end.

4. duper1

duper1 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 21, 2013
    Metro Detroit
    - I've also noticed an issue. I still get emails but some lag behind and same thing with facebook new message notifications, I figured it was the facebook app but sometimes it might be 5 minutes - 8 hours in delay or not update at all. Sometimes all I use is facebook for messaging and when I don't respond within a minute or two I get into hot water.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. duper1

duper1 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 21, 2013
    Metro Detroit
    - I'm wondering if it is something we removed, did you do any de-bloating after root?

- If anyone else is having the same issue please post as much information as possible.

Update:

- I fixed the Google sync issue by removing my Google account and re-adding it. I just wish Facebook would correct the delay, or maybe the phone is going into a deep sleep mode and it's not waking when a new message is received.

6. johnzp

johnzp Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Hi jackx, you seem to be a pro... i rooted galaxy note 3 and uninstalled a bunch of seem to be bloatware. then my google account (only gmail and picasa) could not sync. I did a factory reset then found out that the keyboard input was gone, no where to find, with only google voice input still there. I had to use a bluetooth keyboard to do initial set up, wifi stuff so that i can download apps. I downloaded google input and it fixed the no keyboard problem for now. still, gmail cannot sync. could you help please?