• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Unbrick Guide for this?

I successfully reverted my phone to stock firmware using the kdz file posted by sammyz
(http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW445486573210987654321/) and the lg motion 4g instructions (http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/610609-guide-unbrick-unroot-lg-motion-4g-kdz.html) with the following changes.

1. To get into emergency mode, I powered off the phone, pressed and held volume up and connected the usb cable.
2. For the type, I select 3GQCT instead of CDMA

A few minutes after flashing and the phone was up and running with the "a" firmware. After a few minutes it received notification of the "b" firmware. It then sucessfully upgraded to "b".

For me this link only downloads 164MB of the 646MB total. Does anyone have an alternate source?

Upvote 0
I had a close call last night too after modifying /system/build.prop, it booted up & screen would be blank with flashing home button. I plugged it in to PC & started the "LGMobile Support Tool". Chose Options -> Upgrade Recovery, it then proceeded to download the 650 MB stock image from LG's servers and flashed it onto my phone.

I had the same exact problem after modifying a system file. After searching for about a week I stumbled on this post, tried it, and it worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

LGoptimus F3 ms659

Upvote 0
I just completed a device exchange with T-Mobile: had to go two weeks without my phone since I am prepaid (had to dust off my old Optimus T).

I received a new phone, probably a refurb, that shipped with the "b" version installed. Overall, it works fine: noticed the new font on "G" "2G" etc and the new LTE logo, etc. Seems to have fixed the deleting of the second word on stock keyboard as well. My only gripe is that the new phone has a noticeable background noise (Not sure how to describe it: sorta sounds tinny with a steady ticking noise. Also reminds me of the sound that you get if you put an AT&T phone next to a speaker). I don't know if this is common for this phone: I don't recall hearing any noise on my original device.

I wish I could have just flashed my old phone since I knew its history. I would still like to obtain a new copy of the KDZ for archival/backup purposes. I want to root again but am now afraid to touch it without a good backup or stock image. I'm sure I won't be able to resist rooting either way but I don't want a repeat of this.

Upvote 0
Yes im using the metro kdz, Not sure if its the kdz its self or not. I redownloaded and recreated the kdz 5 times. I ended up giving up and called it a night for a few hours because I started getting an error about the battery being to low. gonna try again now if it fails i'm going back to sleep.

Edit: Finally after 6 hours of playing around with it I got it working, I ended up using UpTestEX did normal web update, then clicked upgrade start, it opened another window clicked options/upgrade recovery and poof problem solved.

I had the exact same issue on f3, any way you could send me what you did to resolve the issue?

Upvote 0
I had the exact same issue on f3, any way you could send me what you did to resolve the issue?
He did that:
Edit: Finally after 6 hours of playing around with it I got it working, I ended up using UpTestEX did normal web update, then clicked upgrade start, it opened another window clicked options/upgrade recovery and poof problem solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones