• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Tethering for MPCS.F6....!!! All Roms **VIDEO for stock only** UPDATED 12-02-14

Krlypumaa

Android Expert
Jan 8, 2012
Tampa, FL.
www.gofundme.com
Apps need it. Must be rooted!!!!
1**Wifi-Tether 3.3_2Beta https://code.google.com/p/android-w...tail?name=wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk&can=2&q=
2**Android Tuner Pro.(don't still)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at
Why not paying ones!

Internet Explorer User Agents (clean registries)
*Download IEUA9.reg Internet Explorer - User-Agent test and override registry scripts
*right click- run start IE. .. n there u go. If u update IExplorer u may have to run registry again.
This it the UserAgent switcher for chome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...-switc/ljfpjnehmoiabkefmnjegmpdddgcdnpo?hl=en

Please follow as directed so u don't have to post negative things. Don't be a downer.

STOCK ROM & XPERION
**Instructions.**
1-Delete all those wigets and tethering apps u have already installed.

2-Install Android Tuner.
3-Install wifi-tether. DO NOT START
4-Restart Ur F6

SETTINGS wifi-tether "
*Device-Prof... Generic ICS/JB (WLAN0)
*Setup-Method ..Netd-Ndc(MASTER)
*Send Netd Max Client Cmd.. (Checked)
*Enable Wifi-Encryption.. leave unchecked NOT WORKING FOR NOW
*Change SSID.. (your favorite)
*WIFi-dirver Reload2..(checked)
*Enable Access-Crontrol... (Checked)
*Change LAN...Select =192.168.2.0/24
*MSS clamping...(checked)----RUN WIFI-TETHER---

**SETTING ANDROID TUNER
Open Android Tuner TASK find System/bin/Hostapd click on it and KILL

video

KK-MINI & KK 4.4.2
**Instructions.**
Download SQlite Editor Pro (paid) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.sqleditor&hl=en
Download WIFI-Toggle https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fattin.togglewidget.hotspot&hl=en
1- Open System Setting go to tethering & Network
2-Open Mobile HotSpot
*Configure Mobile HotSpot however you want.. make sure ...
** security Its on
WAP-PSK
maximum connections 8
** broadcast Channel its on AUTO SELECT
Close it
3- Open SQlite Editor
** APPS tap search for
SETTINGS STORAGE ( click on it )
** Open
GLOBAL ( click on it )
A- Serach for
tether_dun_required
* Tap on it ... in the pencil on top right click on it..
** Change Value from (
1-one ) to ( 0-cero ) SAVE and CLOSE
4- Toggle the WIFI-Toggle widget

----LET IT RUN--- connect your computer (PC, LAPTOP, TABLET, GAME-CONSOLE, MAC, LINUX )
"" MAC or LINUX DOES NOT NEED USER AGENT ""
"" PC or LPTOP needs ""
MAKE SURE U SAVE CONNECTION AS HOME IN WINDOWS

VOILA""""""""

FOR CM11 4.4.4
You do not need any apps for tethering
Just go to tethering setting set it -up and its done.
but YOU need USER AGENT @ ur end.

PICTURES FOR KK-Mini & K.K- 4.4.2 are includes for the ADD's

Attachments

• 2014-12-02-22-28-25.png
    2014-12-02-22-28-25.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 2014-12-02-22-22-15.png
    2014-12-02-22-22-15.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 2014-12-02-22-22-44.png
    2014-12-02-22-22-44.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 2014-12-02-22-23-08.png
    2014-12-02-22-23-08.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 2014-12-02-22-24-00.png
    2014-12-02-22-24-00.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 2014-12-02-22-25-29.png
    2014-12-02-22-25-29.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 2014-12-02-22-26-31.png
    2014-12-02-22-26-31.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 2014-12-02-22-26-54.png
    2014-12-02-22-26-54.png
    473.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I tried ISWATT Tether unlocker and it works
but just a quick try
I am in M-I-A
I need the tether to work sometimes and I am looking for a good working solution to it

U sound more polite now.. not like in MPCS.F3.
U can't use ur wife's motion on ur wrk?, just saying. .

Right now this is the only i can come out with.
Hav.. MPCS F3,F6 TETHERING WRKING. AND STREAMING.. Netflix w/no breaking.. or loops... F6. Hav my mac.. my LG.Plasma.smartTV My Pc wrkng station..
In F3 hav NookHd, son's Ps3. I think im set.
N for u go ahead. No its not for GALAXY S3 BUT try. Hopefuly it wrks.

P.s. for any other mates in community. . Ask im realy willing to help u guys...

Reactions: MrGlowy
Upvote 0
I left the file alone because i did know what permissions i was looking for but you are going to need to find that file during the step with the android tuner.

Follow the instructions. The file System/bin/hostapd needs to be killed with the android tuner. And i setup and ran the wifi app after i killed the System/bin/hostapd with the android tuner.You need to tap the "kernal" button on the bottom of the android tuner so it can show you the file. Its working so far for me. Hopefully it works for you.

Upvote 0
I left the file alone because i did know what permissions i was looking for but you are going to need to find that file during the step with the android tuner.

Follow the instructions. The file System/bin/hostpad needs to be killed with the android tuner. And i setup and ran the wifi app after i killed the System/bin/hostapd with the android tuner.You need to tap the "kernal" button on the bottom of the android tuner so it can show you the file. Its working so far for me. Hopefully it works for you.

@@ turtle.. thks for clarifying tha for me sorry ihav been travelingfor the holydays and been occupied.

the reason u tweak permissions its so when u kill hotspod in A.T. and it comes back up will run with the permissions of A.T and let ur computer or any other device connect.. so it wont stay suck in identifying ur device n grant authorizations. im still working in does files becus when hotspod is awakened it wakes up other file in System/bin/ ... im still trying to find software to be able to read does file to see how they connect together

Upvote 0
Is there a way to freeze the System/bin/hostapd file? or us it necessary to have it wake up every time i try to tether?

Yes it needs to be awake. Ones u authorize. access control. It wll safe ur identity. It may take longer if u leave it running and not killed. It.
Hotshot is use for wifi driver,NFC, Bluetooth drive etc,etc. Thats what im trying to figured out. Whish script. Attached them together. Thats why we can not use the wifi encryption. On wifitether app

Upvote 0
Hello. I followed the video and i helped me a lot but i cant find a way to tether the f6 to my ps3. Is there a way to tether it to the ps3?

yes but this is advance sh**%$# u have ti turn wifi toggle on notification whit out wifi-tether go to A.T and u gonna find ***/system/bin/dhcpcd ** same as hotsapd and kill it. try to long press in red X n remove the execute or tap on it.. what i did was that i went to system/ bin in my root xplorer and move the dhcpcd to a backup folder in my sdCard restarted the phone and walllaaa ... try firt the kill option and if it doesn't wrk try the move to bak-up

Upvote 0
yes but this is advance sh**%$# u have ti turn wifi toggle on notification whit out wifi-tether go to A.T and u gonna find ***/system/bin/dhcpcd ** same as hotspod and kill it. try to long press in red X n remove the execute or tap on it.. what i did was that i went to system/ bin in my root xplorer and move the dhcpcd to a backup folder in my sdCard restarted the phone and walllaaa ... try firt the kill option and if it doesn't wrk try the move to bak-up

Mind explaining this in simple steps? maybe a new thread or pm?

Upvote 0
I have a MetroPCS Optimus F6 unlocked to T-Mobile and rooted.

2-Go to Root Explorer or whichever manager u hav.
**Go to System/bin/hotspad
**open permission check all + Set UID /GID / Sticky

When I try changing permissions on hostapd I get an error that says, "Changing permissions was not successful. Please note that some file systems do not allow permission changes." I am using "Root Browser" by JRummy Apps. How do I get access to change those permissions?

Upvote 0
I have a MetroPCS Optimus F6 unlocked to T-Mobile and rooted.

Quote:
2-Go to Root Explorer or whichever manager u hav.
**Go to System/bin/hotspad
**open permission check all + Set UID /GID / Sticky
When I try changing permissions on hostapd I get an error that says, "Changing permissions was not successful. Please note that some file systems do not allow permission changes." I am using "Root Browser" by JRummy Apps. How do I get access to change those permissions?

UPDATE: After installing Android Tuner Free I accessed the hostapd file from AT's (root) Explorer and was able to check the Execute permissions but it didn't show the checkboxes for Set UID /GID / Stick. However, I do have wifi tether working without those. I am writing this from my desktop connected to wifi from my F6!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones