• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS / TMOBILE] [ROM] U.S. KitKat MINI 4.4.2

Upvote 0
So if I flash this coming from the Xperion rom and Freedom kernal, will I have to flash the stock kernal back first or can I just go ahead and just flash the rom?

Edit: I'm assuming I will because the freedom kernal says it is only for 12b and 10h firmware, but I just realized I don't have a backup of the stock kernal so can anybody provide me with their (T-mobile D500) kernal? thanks in advance

Upvote 0
So if I flash this coming from the Xperion rom and Freedom kernal, will I have to flash the stock kernal back first or can I just go ahead and just flash the rom?

If u flash.... Freedom would b gone.... now if u flash this n ontop freedomkernael then i would not know what happen...

Would b good to try... :D:D:D

Upvote 0
If u flash.... Freedom would b gone.... now if u flash this n ontop freedomkernael then i would not know what happen...

Would b good to try... :D:D:D

thanks! I might try this when I have some time.

one last question. with the kitkat does it allow you to control music (pause/play/skip) from the lockscreen? this is one of the features i love in xperion with the aosp lockscreen.

Upvote 0
No.. It'll take care of that when you flash it.....

The only problem I ran into is Google search crashing... But that because I found lollipop versions of certain gapps and probably installed them wrong... It's not even a real issue... Things are perfect..

And the only music player I use is Pandora... And the lock screen controls are awesome

Reactions: redsfan27
Upvote 0
thanks! I might try this when I have some time.

one last question. with the kitkat does it allow you to control music (pause/play/skip) from the lockscreen? this is one of the features i love in xperion with the aosp lockscreen.

Yes U can add the widget to the lockscree .... on lock screen slide to the right n add lg.player.widget

Sorry updated.... on lockscreen slide to right where the clock is it will give u the option for any widget...:D:D:D:D

Reactions: redsfan27
Upvote 0

The only problem I ran into is Google search crashing... But that because I found lollipop versions of certain gapps and probably installed them wrong... It's not even a real issue... Things are perfect..

And the only music player I use is Pandora... And the lock screen controls are awesome

For the gg.search if u updated app tru playstore just go to system/priv.apps n delete velvet.apk /odex
Reboot... Voila.....

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0

Yes U can add the widget to the lockscree .... on lock screen slide to the right n add lg.player.widget

Sorry updated.... on lockscreen slide to right where the clock is it will give u the option for any widget...:D:D:D:D

Awesome!

Upvote 0
Okay, so I flashed this ROM, and have been at it for a couple of hours. For some reason WiFi would not turn on, and when rebooting (did this twice) it said it was upgrading.
Like @Derff said... u should've
#wipe cache
#wipe data factory reset
#Etc.etc..
#Follow instructions in the OP (Owners'Post)
Then flash...
#No needs of flashing gaaps
:thumbup:

Upvote 0
i fixed the google issue by accident...lol...probably did what you said and forgot about it....like i said...im a nub

and for the lock screen widgets..i've tried a few...added another clock..some music controls..no problems...i was thinking bout finding more widgets like UCCW and seeing if they can be used by the lock screen

...this ROM is 99% trouble free ..it's a rock...

only problem i have is i flashed Acid Audio ...and that boosts the sound by a lot...but to get it to work you need a player it can use as a EQ and stuff...

i could'nt find Apollo audio apk ANYWHERE...i wanted it ..... but i settled for a Walkman port flash...but, it crashes when i try to do more than open it...

and the lock screen wallpaper wont stick..itll hang out...then bubbles ...it's ok...looks nice still

i still use the lollipop playstore ...just because it's that

hope any of that stuff helped more than annoyed :)

Upvote 0
i fixed the google issue by accident...lol...probably did what you said and forgot about it....like i said...im a nub

and for the lock screen widgets..i've tried a few...added another clock..some music controls..no problems...i was thinking bout finding more widgets like UCCW and seeing if they can be used by the lock screen

...this ROM is 99% trouble free ..it's a rock...

only problem i have is i flashed Acid Audio ...and that boosts the sound by a lot...but to get it to work you need a player it can use as a EQ and stuff...

i could'nt find Apollo audio apk ANYWHERE...i wanted it ..... but i settled for a Walkman port flash...but, it crashes when i try to do more than open it...

and the lock screen wallpaper wont stick..itll hang out...then bubbles ...it's ok...looks nice still

i still use the lollipop playstore ...just because it's that

hope any of that stuff helped more than annoyed :)

So for you its a matter of taste...
My sounds are great... to bump up my sounds i use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.equalizerapp
So i can hav control of it without changing default ones
For Apollo google Apollomod 1.2
Woks fine...
I don't like walkman... u need to mess around with build.prop...like i said its a matter of taste...
For the wallpapers... which homelauncher are u using?
So far for me no issues at all with this rom. :D:thumbup:

Upvote 0
got Apollomod thank you :)

somehow managed to kick out walkman without knackerin my mess and havin to reflash ....

not worried bout wallpapers today...excited about Apollo

and i'm using google home launcher ... just because of the voice commands special stuff....

i prefer Go Launcher...but, it's not the same ..it may have crazy theme's ...but, it does'nt listen to me when i say "OK GOOGLE!!!!!" ...lol

i'm always trying new things ...right now i'm trying out a.i. keyboard

have'nt decided if it's the one ...

and it's the second mini kk ..i flashed gapps and thats probably what caused all the mayhem ...i'll be the first to admit i'm off my rocker...so i constantly learn by fixing what i booger up ....

thanx for reading :smokingsomb: :car:

Upvote 0
I just loaded this - doesn't seem to include WiFi Calling? Could I go back to the Xperion Rom without bricking my phone?

1) unfortunately, no. Most custom roms (Xperion being the exception) don't have wifi calling and I'm assuming this one doesn't because it is based off of the international kitkat update, which wouldn't have wifi calling on it.

2) you shouldnt have any problems switching to a different rom or back to Xperion (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Upvote 0
1) unfortunately, no. Most custom roms (Xperion being the exception) don't have wifi calling and I'm assuming this one doesn't because it is based off of the international kitkat update, which wouldn't have wifi calling on it.

2) you shouldnt have any problems switching to a different rom or back to Xperion (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes you can, make sure to wipe everything EXCEPT SD!!! So you have a clean install, or you will run into errors, bootloops, and problems!!!

Yup:thumbup:

Confirmed and Thanks! Xperion Reloaded and now I have WiFi calling again. I'd prefer not to need it but I have really poor cell coverage at my house.

Upvote 0
Ok ... i need helpers... i need someone to upload wifi_supplicant.conf from any either stock or Xperion located in system/etc/wifi
Another thing i hav tethering. But its kind of a bit.long settings like the wifi.tether process... this time the only thing is the u need SQlite.Editor Pro.
I will post instructions in a bit after getting all info together....
Im trying to work in wificalling issues first (no.promises) YET..!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones