• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Unofficial M919NUVUAMF2 Working!!!!

Any idea why my phone keeps getting to:

<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I'm currently running on M919UVUEMK2 Tmobile firmware I believe but I want to go back to stock but whenever I try to odin your metro firmware odin does that.

I have tried moving my usb around the computers ports and different versions of odin to no avail.

Upvote 0
If you go into download mode "power and volume down" it should have a knox counter. If it has a 0 x 1 next to any knox then your knox counter has be tripped. ShabbyPenguin should have our new 4.3 firmware

Oh yeah I have 0x1 next to knox warranty void.

I was messing around trying to get my metro s4 unlocked by flashing tmobile firmware but I would just like it back as a metro phone lol.

Going to download that off shabbypenguin now thank you.

Btw do you or anyone know of any ways to unlock the m919N?

I've read theories about flashing to tmobile firmware then using the *#whatever# codes but that didnt seem to work for me, and I'm skeptical if the FASTgsm and other types would work on my 4.3 tmobile flashed metro s4

Upvote 0

I was messing around trying to get my metro s4 unlocked by flashing tmobile firmware but I would just like it back as a metro phone lol.

I've read theories about flashing to tmobile firmware then using the *#whatever# codes but that didnt seem to work for me, and I'm skeptical if the FASTgsm and other types would work on my 4.3 tmobile flashed metro s4
Metro will unlock the phone if you had it for more than 90 days.

Upvote 0
I haven't really looked into it. Let me know how that flash goes with the stock metro 4.3.

Just flashed it, phone rebooted with the Metro PCS screen rather than the Tmobile 4gLTE and the model number went from m919 to m919N so its virtually back to stock. Thank you.

Now if only I could unlock the phone so I could use it on my mothers tmobile plan so I don't have to pay for metro anymore lol.. She has a family plan and it would basically be free to add me

I know metro would unlock after 90 days but I have only had a it for a very short time

Upvote 0

You should check out this thread: [Q] Unlock for new Metro pc galaxy s4(SGH-M919N)? - Page 5 - xda-developers
specifically the last two pages. Basically if you flashed the tmobile firmware then use the app RegionLockAway (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.regionlockaway) It will work. I havent tested it but a few people on that thread said it worked for them. I found out about it only after I paid to unlock my Metro S4 (only couple bucks) so not too bad. Again definitely read the thread before doing anything. Good luck!

Upvote 0
You should check out this thread: [Q] Unlock for new Metro pc galaxy s4(SGH-M919N)? - Page 5 - xda-developers
specifically the last two pages. Basically if you flashed the tmobile firmware then use the app RegionLockAway (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.regionlockaway) It will work. I havent tested it but a few people on that thread said it worked for them. I found out about it only after I paid to unlock my Metro S4 (only couple bucks) so not too bad. Again definitely read the thread before doing anything. Good luck!

I tried the region lock away method however I had tmobile 4.3 firmware at the time and it did not work. I probably had to be on 4.2 firmware or below but apparantley once you go 4.3 you never go back

Upvote 0
Here you have the Unofficial M919NUVUAMF2 firmware made by me flashable with Odin working 100%.
First of all I want to thank techguy1214, exel and dulal18, without their files and threads would have been impossible for me to do it.
After many unsuccessful flash attempts using the firmware provided by techguy1214 in this thread:
http://androidforums.com/metropcs-g...ropcs-m919n-uvuamf2-stock-odin-flashable.html

and using the files provided dulal18 in this thread:
http://androidforums.com/metropcs-galaxy-s4-all-things-root/773303-guide-how-return-stock-if-you-have-flashed-tmobile-odin-tars.html

Using heimdall I opened the .pit file included in dulal18's thread and found that there is an extra partition for sbl1.mbn, this file was also present in BOOTLOADER_M919NUVUAMF2... and was not included in the .tar that was posted by techguy1214/exel in their post.
What I did was to decompress all files posted by dulal18 and repacked in a new .tar file with similar structure as exel .tar but adding sbl1.mbn using Cygwin.
Flashed with Odin 3.07 as PDA and everything went ok. Now I have a brand new perfectly working unroot MPCS M919NUVUAMF2. The only downside is that it shows

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones