• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [WIP] Safe to flash 5/3/14 UPDATED (Recovery)

Upvote 0
Thanks jokerpks for the response. Does Acid wipe your device after you flash it though? I flashed it on my old LG Motion and it wiped it. :( And one last thing, does it break the bass if you use the bass boost feature? It made my Motion's bass all distorted and crackly. Thanks again!

No this will not wipe data, make sure to flash 2802 then 2805 afterwards and finally clear audio for the best sound. I'm not sure which bass boost feature you are referring to. If it's another mod there might be a chance it's incompatible because this has an option to boost bass itself. If it's the equalizer option built in music players like poweramp then no unless the song is bad quality.

Upvote 0
I flashed AOSP2 build 2802, than AOSP3 build 2805 afterwards, now when I play music it freezes the device, the seconds go by but I cannot actually USE the screen. Used this link to download the files. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38599629&postcount=1005

EDIT: The device screen is functioning and updating, but as soon as I start playing music then pause it, then hit the home button, the screen continues to function and update, but the screen or any of the buttons do not respond to my touch.

Upvote 0
No this will not wipe data, make sure to flash 2802 then 2805 afterwards and finally clear audio for the best sound. I'm not sure which bass boost feature you are referring to. If it's another mod there might be a chance it's incompatible because this has an option to boost bass itself. If it's the equalizer option built in music players like poweramp then no unless the song is bad quality.

I followed these instructions. I flashed AOSP2 build 2802, than AOSP3 build 2805 afterwards, now when I play music it freezes the device, the seconds go by but I cannot actually USE the screen. Used this link to download the files. xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD][GB/ICS/JB]●►ACID Audio Engine V7.0◄●[Build2805][V9 Soon]|☆☆☆TEAM AC!D☆☆☆ The device screen is functioning and updating, but as soon as I start playing music then pause it, then hit the home button, the screen continues to function and update, but the screen or any of the buttons do not respond to my touch. For some odd reason TuneIn Radio Pro works, Google Play Music doesn't, Spotify doesn't and a few others as well. PLEASE HELP!

Upvote 0
I followed these instructions. I flashed AOSP2 build 2802, than AOSP3 build 2805 afterwards, now when I play music it freezes the device, the seconds go by but I cannot actually USE the screen. Used this link to download the files. xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD][GB/ICS/JB]●►ACID Audio Engine V7.0◄●[Build2805][V9 Soon]|☆☆☆TEAM AC!D☆☆☆ The device screen is functioning and updating, but as soon as I start playing music then pause it, then hit the home button, the screen continues to function and update, but the screen or any of the buttons do not respond to my touch. For some odd reason TuneIn Radio Pro works, Google Play Music doesn't, Spotify doesn't and a few others as well. PLEASE HELP!

Hmmm all these work for me. Do you have any other sound mods installed that may conflict with this mod? Maybe you flashed the wrong version. I uploaded the copy I flashed here is the link.

acid - Download - 4shared - Patryk K

Upvote 0
yea thats my only concern the modified kernal.id ask gt but he blocks private messages
so the only way hed answer is thru these forums.i could give it a try and then post results as i know how to redo everything if it goes south but still do these all work with each other or is some of these not really needed.some seem to be repeat mods unless im mistaken with slight differences.do i flash these in order do i leave off bravia whitch doesnt even explain what it is?what?

Upvote 0
yea thats my only concern the modified kernal.id ask gt but he blocks private messages
so the only way hed answer is thru these forums.i could give it a try and then post results as i know how to redo everything if it goes south but still do these all work with each other or is some of these not really needed.some seem to be repeat mods unless im mistaken with slight differences.do i flash these in order do i leave off bravia whitch doesnt even explain what it is?what?

Only one of each one performance, graphic and sound mod. For example I use Pure Performance X, Pure Graphics, and Acid Audio. And yes I had it installed ever since GameTheory released his ROM I bundled it with his overclocked kernel. My phone never ran so smooth.

Upvote 0
ok im taking your advice on what you use as i saw your scores and it looks amazing.

one more question though should i flash it and factory reset or would it work without factory reset because i use link2sd and if i factory reset i would have to redo those.i noticed it says clean flash and if i must i must but i was just wondering if thats really nessecary

Upvote 0
ok im taking your advice on what you use as i saw your scores and it looks amazing.

one more question though should i flash it and factory reset or would it work without factory reset because i use link2sd and if i factory reset i would have to redo those.i noticed it says clean flash and if i must i must but i was just wondering if thats really nessecary

No you do not need to factory reset.

Upvote 0
Hmmm all these work for me. Do you have any other sound mods installed that may conflict with this mod? Maybe you flashed the wrong version. I uploaded the copy I flashed here is the link.

acid - Download - 4shared - Patryk K

I have no other sound mods installed. I have PurePerformance X, Freedom Kernel and the SDFuse mod. I disabled Awesome Beats which comes with Acid and the music came back, but no enhancements were enabled. I flashed 2805 AOSP3 over 2802 AOSP2. Can I flash the file you posted over it?

Upvote 0
I was looking for an uninstaller for this mod but couldn't find one. You can try flashing these files over but I'm not sure if that would fix the problem or further advance it. If I were you I would find a free day and factory reset my phone then install all the mods I want so everything is fresh. This mod does not require you to factory reset I did not and it's working perfectly. There must have been a problem with what you flashed. Download the version I sent you and I'm pretty sure it will work.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
INTERNAL2EXTERNAL

THIS IS NOW UNIVERSAL!!!!

this is simply to switch your small internal memory with your large sdcard memory that way your phone wont slow down due to internal storage filling up quickly

MOSTLY FOR ICS AND JB DEVICES
is from [Tweak] Adrenaline Injector ---RC3 02/07/2013 - xda-developers

I was wondering if anyone tried this? I'm wondering if this would an alternative to using Link2SD?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones